Cannot track signal.

BrianL

For the last few weeks most of my auto-recordings have failed, with the reason shown as "Cannot track signal". Picture is fine, manual recordings fine. Those few that do record usually fail to stop when the programme has finished and can go on for hours. Signal strength is 50% minimum and quality is 100%. Humax "Help" line blames the signal (poor aerial, cables etc.) Aerial guy says not a problem.
How do I get a good picture, am able to manually start a programme and have good signals, yet be unable to auto record? HELP!

It sounds as though you are not tuned in correctly. Did you retune a few weeks ago?

You may be tuned into more than one transmitter. To see all the frequencies you are tuned into it's MENU >> Settings >> System >> Signal Detection.
Other clues that you are mistuned are excessive channels numbered 800+ immediately after the retune, and more recording failures when the HDR is ally on or already recording another programme.

To retune and make sure that you are retuned correctly follow this link http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336

Thanks Luke,
Already retuned manually. No excessive 800 channels. Tried using padding as suggested by another member. This worked for the next two programmes and I'm waiting for more results before I can see if this is working or not. Failures when HDR is both on and in standby and being or not being watched. It's as if the trip signal for turning the recording on an off is not being received, but that would, of course, affect everybody, not just me. By the by, yesterday (Sunday) auto-recordings were successful all day long and only dropped off again in the evening. Recording at the moment. Signal detection is not available, presumeably because it is recording.
Thanks, anyway.

Already retuned manually. .
Did you check after you manually tuned that you are only tuned to the frequencies of your preferred transmitter?
MENU >> Settings >> System >> Signal Detection >> right arrow (next to 'OK')

I seem to be able to auto-record after following another member's advice and adding padding to the system, Two minutes on the beginning and end of timing appears to work. Of course, this has taken it off of auto-record via a trip signal from the transmitter and put it on a timer, thus there is no movement of the recording if things start to run early or late. Best of a bad job!

This does appear to be some sort of fault linked to your own HDR-2000T. If I were in your position I'd try a 'Fatory Default' before giving up on the automatic accurate recording feature. You will need to retune (again) and enter all your schedule again but you will not lose anything that you have already recorded (unless you also ask it to format the HDD!).
MENU >> Settings (default password 0000) >> Installation >> Factory Default

Thanks Luke.
Was told by Humax Help Desk to do all this and they ended up saying that it must be a faulty HDR. It was almost as cheap to buy a new one as to have them pick it up for repairs, so that's what I did. Same problem! Padding works so, that'll have to do for now. The latest problem is getting the TVPortal to connect. Dongle connects to the router, but the Portal says "Cannot connect to network". Life gets tedious, don' it?

That doesn't sound good for AR. You may well have to accept that AR isn't going to work reliably enough for you and settle for auto-padding. See Things Every... (click) section 3.
The odd thing is that until about a month ago, all worked well. There was a re-tune locally recently. Perhaps this all started then, but it seems not to have affected anybody else. It's a mystery, Watson.

Yes. Plenty of people. The local TV man says that he has had a few problems with Humax before but this one is a puzzler. He knows of one other with this problem using the same transmitter. The population around here isn't dense enough for the powers that be to be bothered.
Thanks anyway.
Brian

Back