Cannot Tune to BBC Radio 3 or BBC Radio 4 While Recording

Mike Goss

I have had a Foxsat HDR for a few years now. Recently had to do a factory reset (can't remember why).

Since then if its recording anything, even just a single channel such as CBS-Action it won't let me listen BBC Radio 3 or BBC Radio 4 at the same time.

Everything else OK. Twin LNB connected OK. and can record two channels at the same time OK.

Can you record 2 channels and watch a third. Record the two BBC HD channels and then try to watch something else. If you can't do this, it seems that you might have only one LNB input active.

Can you record 2 channels and watch a third. Record the two BBC HD channels and then try to watch something else. If you can't do this, it seems that you might have only one LNB input active.

Both LNBs are active as confirmed on screen diagnostics.

Swapped connectors - no change.

On manual tune I cannot find 10778V
I can find 10788V and that is 90/100

Typo on my part. Very odd. At a guess the box is in single cable mode. It thinks the 2nd tuner is fed using tuner 1 out.

Can you try this tune to 105 and press record. Now tune to 953 - can you watch 953 and also record it by pressing record ?

If you can't do a reset to factory defaults and look for the message 2 cables found.

Afterthought

Try disconnecting the Sky box from the mains. A faulty PSU can affect other boxes sharing a lnb with it. Thomson ones are particulary prone to this.

Back