Cannot view all recordings

sohlinux

Hello,
I moved some of my recordings using an ftp client from /mnt/hd3/Video/Movies to /mnt/hd3/Video but now they are not visible in the media list on the tv,
"they are now only visible via ftp or ssh or webif.
I moved the recording back but still I cannot see the recordings.
I made sure I moved the .hmt .nts and .ts files for each recording.
How can I make the recordings visible again?
Thanks

Custom Firmware :v 4.1.3
Web Interface :v 2.89

Last edited:
I guess you need to kick the DLNA server into doing a re-scan somehow. The usual way of doing that is to reboot, or record something (at least on the T2, no real idea about the Foxsat).

I guess you need to kick the DLNA server into doing a re-scan somehow. The usual way of doing that is to reboot, or record something (at least on the T2, no real idea about the Foxsat).
Thanks for the info, reboot doesn't change anything and I don't have DLNA installed.
I wonder if there is a file somewhere which stores the file structure. I will keep digging.
:)

I guess you need to kick the DLNA server into doing a re-scan somehow.
That's not going to have the desired effect – no native DLNA server on a Foxsat, and anyway the OP is talking about the media list:
now they are not visible in the media list on the tv,

What could hide these recordings from the media list view? I think it will need a Foxsat expert for that one, but my brute-force-and-ignorance idea is to move them to USB, and then re-import them using the SUI rather than WebIF.

no native DLNA server on a Foxsat, and anyway the OP is talking about the media list
Oh, I see. That's rather open to misinterpretation. I was wondering how the TV 'saw' the Foxsat without DLNA.
"They are not visible in the media list on the Foxsat" would have made it obvious. Saying "...on the TV" just confuses.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/fix-file-paths-plug-in-for-the-humax-foxsat-hdr-web-interface.1792695/ said:
The problems above stem from the fact that a programme recording on the Foxsat consists of three files and that one of these (the .hmt file) contains the path to the primary audio/video file (the .ts file). Manually moving files does not update the .hmt file to contain the new path to the .ts file and, as a consequence, the files are ignored by the Foxsat user interface.

Great, that explains why the recordings 'disappeared' when moved, but why did they not then reappear when moved back?

I moved the recording back but still I cannot see the recordings.

Great, that explains why the recordings 'disappeared' when moved, but why did they not then reappear when moved back?
Elect to rename the file. You don't have to change the name. This will correct the path in the .hmt for an individual recording . Fix file paths if set to recurse from the root video folder will correct any incorrect paths.

Elect to rename the file. You don't have to change the name. This will correct the path in the .hmt for an individual recording . Fix file paths if set to recurse from the root video folder will correct any incorrect paths.
:dunno: Did you quote the wrong passage when replying?

I can think of a few possible reasons. Maybe they were moved back to a "movies" folder rather than "Movies". Maybe they had since been played from an external USB device and hence the HMT had been altered by the Foxsat anyway. Without knowing the exact sequence of events, in a lot more detail, it's impossible to tell. The Fix File Paths package should check and fix them wherever they now reside under the video root folder on the internal hard disk. It will also check that all three files are present (.ts, .nts, .hmt) etc. It's the most likely and quickest fix.

@sohlinux - You'll need to run the Fix File Paths custom firmware plug-in.

Details and explanation here: https://www.avforums.com/threads/fi...r-the-humax-foxsat-hdr-web-interface.1792695/

Thanks for the link. the fix file paths plugin didnt work. from what I can gather its just install and reboot?

I checked some of the hmt files and can see the paths
for example
mnt/hd3/Video/0MOVIES/Revolution_20191028_0335

but the actual files are located in /mnt/hd3/Video/

I manually changed the path and opened the media list and the box just reboots.

if I put the recording in /mnt/hd3/Video/0MOVIES/ I can then view it in the media list.

I moved over 300 files and I am not sure where they were located, I had them in 4 different sub folders.

do you know why the fix file paths plugin didnt work?

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. the fix file paths plugin didnt work. from what I can gather its just install and reboot?
Which of the 3 modes of Fix File Paths did you set it to?

Also did you try using the "Run Now" option in the Settings page of the Web Interface?

Back