Can't access Web-IF page anymore?

NigelS

I setup our HDR Fox T2 with customised firmware many months ago (last year) and it has been working fine - the last time I successfully used the web interface to download a video file off the Humax was in late April 2012. But today I cant access the web-if at all. I have the correct IP address but when I try and access via Chrome web browser I just get the error message "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.0.5".

I can successfully copy files off the Humax by accessing the full DNLA file name and path (using Properties pane from within Windows Media Centre); I can also successfully stream files off the Humax using XBMC & Cyberlink PowerDVD.

But no joy with accessing the web browser.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks
NigelS

To expand on that, we believe the problem is that you have allowed the HDR to auto-update its firmware by OTA, thus eliminating the custom firmware. You will need to install the appropriate CF, and then you may need to reinstall some of your packages (depending which you are using and which firmware you had previously).

See "Things Every HD/HDR-FOX Owner Should Know", link below.

Curiously my HDR is doing the same this morning. I can't access the webIF or the DNLA streams. The software version is 1.02.28 which it has been since the upgrade and the webIF is on that version too.

Looks like I will have to re-install the custom FW which seems odd. It was working fine 2 days ago...

Thanks all, I thought I had the box set to not auto-update, but it sounds like that is the most likely scenario. I will check the version the box is running later and reinstall the latest firmware.

Curiously my HDR is doing the same this morning. I can't access the webIF or the DNLA streams. The software version is 1.02.28 which it has been since the upgrade and the webIF is on that version too.

Looks like I will have to re-install the custom FW which seems odd. It was working fine 2 days ago...

Looks like I have found the problem, my HDR thinks it is not connected to the router any more. Very odd as the router is saying it is connected. Seems like something may have happened to the WAN port :(

EDIT: Bizarre, just power cycled the Hummy and the router and it is working again.

Well I have confirmed the Humax box was running 1.02.28 so I have downloaded & installed the Custom Firmware v2.11. This all went OK, now when I access the IP address of the Humax, I get a directory listing - see attached image. This doesn't seem right and isn't either the full webif interface or the stub to allow it's installation from the Internet - any ideas on what next please?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 6
The web server doesn't appear to be running. The display flashes up "Cust FW 2.11" after booting (after "START SYSTEM") does it?

Try a cold start (standby, wait for controlled stop, power off, wait a bit, power on again), and if that doesn't help try THIS (click) - instructions for Foxsat but the HDR is the same.

Telnet gives:

humax# service start mongoose
Starting mongoose...
Done.
humax# Loading config file /mod/etc/mongoose.conf
Failed to start Mongoose. Maybe some options are assigned bad values?
Try to run with '-e error_log.txt' and check error_log.txt for more information.

I shall have to defer to the experts at this point. If you are desperate: in Telnet find the mod directory and delete it, reflash the standard firmware and then the CF, and you are effectively starting all over again.

OK, I'm back in again! I did a Level 3 removal (Remove All Custom Functions Prior to reloading Custom Software (Level 3 only)). Going back into the Humax via a browser got me into the Web browser stub, and I was able to download and install the full browser from the Internet. All seems OK now.

Thanks for your help...

NigelS

Back