Can't connect to hummy after CF install

Mark04

Hi,

I've just installed CF 3.11 with seemingly no issues. The TV works fine and I have gone into menu and set up internet and it says connected.

However, I can't connect to it via a browser (to install web-if) using it's IP, and I can't telnet to it either.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mark

Hi,

I've just installed CF 3.11 with seemingly no issues. The TV works fine and I have gone into menu and set up internet and it says connected.

However, I can't connect to it via a browser (to install web-if) using it's IP, and I can't telnet to it either.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mark
how do you know that your ip is correct and it has not changed in the meantime?

I hope "3.11" is a typo. You should be using 3.13.

Any ideas?
Check the HDR-FOX really is connected by starting the TV Portal.

Confirm the IP Address and Netmask shown at Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN, and check how they compare with the same on your PC (presuming Windows) using ipconfig at a cmd terminal prompt (Netmasks must match, IP Addresses must be the same everywhere netmask=255 and different where netmask=0).

From the command prompt, test the link with ping <IP address>.

Assuming you have the correct IP address, if ping doesn't work your router is the problem. Try rebooting it. If that doesn't help you will have to go into the admin panel (probably IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.254) and look for a setting which is only allowing the HDR-FOX guest access - ie access to the Internet but not the devices on the home network.

Everything else about the setup process for CF is described here: https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/quick-start-guide.1301/post-26066

Back