Can't Copy 7GB Film to Humax

Two Steps

I have acquired a 7GB film which I want to view on the Humax. I regularly move films and programmes from my Windows laptop to the Humax, via my home network, using the installed samba package, with no difficulty whatsoever.

However the size of the file would seem to be a problem on this occasion as I am informed that there is not enough space on the Humax and that 7GB is required to copy the item. I am told to delete or move files so that I have enough space.

This is very curious as in actual fact the hard drive is only a third full and therefore there is bags of space on the Humax. Is there a size limit on items that can be transferred using samba? Does anyone know of a way of getting around this problem?

There was a 4GB problem with Samba (I think it was Samba) at one time, I thought it had been resolved. Is this an unusually large file or just a bit larger than normal?

You can try FTP as an alternative, or sneakernet (transporting the file physically across the room on a portable drive "in your sneakers") - NTFS will be suitable for this direction of movement.

The disk space is incorrectly reported because the /media is a temporary file system of size typically 60MB. The actual drives are either mounted within it or are symlinked elsewhere. I am not sure why you would have a particular problem with a 7GB file when other files transfer OK.

The workaround would be to share /mnt/hd2 on an HDR but that would only give access to the internal disk. Providing access to external disk(s) on HD/HDR would then require a separate share for each one.

Hi, is this the correct thread where I can post the following question:
I have a Iomega usb drive attached to my hdr fox t2. My media on Samba is a mapped drive and the 'usb-drive1' folder is visible but when I hover my mouse over it is says: ' folder is empty', when I open it I can't see anything in it, can anyone suggest why?

If this is the wrong place, can you point me to the right place?

Thanks
Geoff

Probably better in the Samba/CIFS topic, but no matter. What I interpret from your post is that you are sharing the Humax drives on your network by installing the Samba package, but from File Explorer the Iomega drive attached the the Humax appears empty. Dunno, I have USB drives visible when I use remote access, but I've not checked whether I can see inside them (and I'm not in a position to check).

I have acquired a 7GB film which I want to view on the Humax. I regularly move films and programmes from my Windows laptop to the Humax, via my home network, using the installed samba package, with no difficulty whatsoever.

However the size of the file would seem to be a problem on this occasion as I am informed that there is not enough space on the Humax and that 7GB is required to copy the item. I am told to delete or move files so that I have enough space.

This is very curious as in actual fact the hard drive is only a third full and therefore there is bags of space on the Humax. Is there a size limit on items that can be transferred using samba? Does anyone know of a way of getting around this problem?

I came across this problem on my HD-FoxT2 when I wanted to reload the files on the USB disc after a re-format, and used Filezilla to copy the files successfully

Back