Can't copy .ts audio files - best way to record onto pc?

Victoria

Hi all,
So i have a number of radio broadcasts (mostly BBC) recorded on my Fox HDR T2. Most copy ok onto an external hard drive, which I can then convert to mp3 on my laptop (via vlc - I don't know if that's the best way, but it seems to work....) That humax doesn't have the custom firmware on it.

Anyway, occasionally there is a .ts file that gets corrupted during the transfer. It plays fine on the humax/tv, but it won't play on my laptop, even as a .ts These are only audio files and the rest of the series plays/copies fine so I don't think there is any encryption issues?

Anyway, I was going to get an audio cable (?) to attach to my laptop, but should the other end be connected to the TV? or the Humax? Does it matter?! I was assuming TV? And then hopefully I'll be able to record to my laptop.....

Or anyone got any better/easier ideas?

Or any ideas why some of the recordings won't transfer correctly?
(The recordings were too long ago for the podcasts to be still available.)

Thanks
Victoria

If you download audacity and look at the files you may find the audio is there but it has a very large gap at the beginning. If this is correct simply chop out the gap and output as mp3. I would record direct from the Humax. If you decide to record directly from the Humax you can use audacity to record the audio.

I'll try that.

But I don't think that is the problem as the file crashes VLC when I try to play it.......
(And the time counter doesn't move at all, which I'm assuming it would if it was playing)

Anyway, occasionally there is a .ts file that gets corrupted during the transfer.
It's almost certainly corrupt as recorded.
Or anyone got any better/easier ideas?
Your best bet is to install the custom firmware. Diagnostic options are non-existent without it, as you've found out.
But I don't think that is the problem as the file crashes VLC when I try to play it.......
(And the time counter doesn't move at all, which I'm assuming it would if it was playing)
VLC is not the most reliable piece of software. Crashing on corrupt files doesn't surprise me.
And the counter never moves on .ts files either.

Back