Can't find satellite?

Paul Evans

Hi

Well.....It appears my Foxsat recorder has given up the ghost, switched it on last night and the display kept saying "Boot" for about 2 minutes then said on TV screen "Check Satellite Connection", which I did & my satellite dish & all seems OK, my son also uses the same dish for his TV and he has no problem. I did notice no noise coming from the hard drive, could anyone tell me if they think I need to replace the HDD.
I did a factory reset but when I entered my post code it came up as invalid even though I entered it correctly.

Can anyone please help.

Cheers

Paul

Using add channels on the sky box can you check if you have a reasonable signal on the following transponder.

11428.00 H DVB-S QPSK 27500 2/3

If you open the box and disconnect the Hard Drive will it then boot ?

Have disconnected the hard drive and still no picture, the satellite connection cables seem fine & my son is still getting a picture on his TV?

Anymore thoughts please

Cheers

Paul

Have you tried the Hummy on the feeder cable that your son is using? Or have you tried your son's box/TV on the feeder cable to your Hummy?
You have now said twice that your 'satellite connection cables seem fine', but the above tests will take the 'seem' out of the possible causes.

Have disconnected the hard drive and still no picture, the satellite connection cables seem fine & my son is still getting a picture on his TV?

Anymore thoughts please

Cheers

Paul

PSU unit faulty possibly (look for blown capacitors). At least you know there's no point in fitting a new hard drive. TREV has a good idea. Very long shot switch off the mains to any other kit connected to the lnb.

Thanks for the reply guys, will try the Trev's idea, if it is the PSU how easy is it to replace. Can the tuner be the actual problem & if so can you replace that.

Thanks Guys

Paul

Wouldn't have a clue how to change a capacitor or how to find the one I would need to change, but thanks for all the help.

Paul

Indeed. And one could still get a nasty belt off a Leyden jar days after it had been charged up (snigger).

New-fangled term! What is wrong with condensers? :D

When Black Hole were young lad they were Leyden Jars.

Condensers turn steam back into water, normally after it's passed through cylinders or a turbine the resulting vacuum increases the pressure differential so dramatically increases efficiency. Don't think you want one of these in your living room. You may have one in your kitchen (Tumbler Dryer)

:)

Condensers turn steam back into water, normally after it's passed through cylinders or a turbine the resulting vacuum increases the pressure differential so dramatically increases efficiency. Don't think you want one of these in your living room. You may have one in your kitchen (Tumbler Dryer)

:)

>Sticks wet washing in Hummy, together with tumblers, and switches on.<

Back