can't get in

OK. I installed the customised firmware and the web interface. All working fine. I then went for the distance scheduler thing and got as far as entering a password etc. I believe it should now email me a further password but it hasn't. In fact I can't see how it could because as far as I can remember I have not provided my email address at any point in this process.

However my main problem is that now I cannot access any part of the web interface. It requires authentication. I enter the name and password which I made up for the distance thing but it doesn't recognise them. So now I have no access to any part of the cf, although I did before.

Please help!

OK. I installed the customised firmware and the web interface. All working fine. I then went for the distance scheduler thing and got as far as entering a password etc. I believe it should now email me a further password but it hasn't. In fact I can't see how it could because as far as I can remember I have not provided my email address at any point in this process.

However my main problem is that now I cannot access any part of the web interface. It requires authentication. I enter the name and password which I made up for the distance thing but it doesn't recognise them. So now I have no access to any part of the cf, although I did before.

Please help!

My memory is you enter the email address from the web interface but rs has only been working on and off for me. I have not met any passwords on the web interface unless you set one yourself. rs is entirely separate.

To reset the web interface password you need to get access to your Humax via telnet (see http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Telnet) and select option 2.

Code:
Enter system PIN: ****

/-------------------------\
      |  T E L N E T   M E N U  |
      \-------------------------/

[ Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax) 1.02.32/2.19 ]

1 - Restart into maintenance mode.
    2 - Remove web interface password.
 stat - Show what the box is currently doing.
    x - Exit and close connection.
 diag - Run a diagnostic.
  cli - System command line (advanced users).

To set up remote scheduling, you just enter an email address on the settings screen and wait for a password to arrive. You can change the password when you get logged in. I suspect you've used the wrong part of the settings screen : )

I have tried to telnet this from my mac. It demands a 'system Pin." i have no idea what this might be. Is there no easier way to get out of this? All I want is access to the web interface.

The system PIN is the same as you have to enter on the Humax to enter the installation menu or access locked recordings. As said above, "0000" as delivered (or after factory reset) and you have the option to change it.

Brilliant.. but

this all worked. Did the the telnet, removed the password, all fine. Many thanks.

Except today, no device will connect to the humax. I've checked the IP address. In my browser it just tells me it can't connect. Yesterday it could.

Driving me slightly mad.

More detail required: wired, WiFi, or HomePlug?

Web, FTP, Telnet or SSH? By NETBIOS name or by IP address? (Plus, the IP address may have been changed.)

Can you ping the Humax's IP address Trevor? Does File Explorer see it, assuming Windows? Have you tried turning off your firewall temporarily?

It's working again now. The Humax is connected to the router by cable. The iMac is connected to the router by cable. The ipad is connected by wireless. Yesterday both the imac and ipad stopped seeing the humax; even the portal wasn't working on the box. I rebooted the humax. It seemed to start working again after that (though not immediately after that). Seems all OK again now. Thankyou all for your help, fantastic support,

Back