can't "map network drive"

wiab4355

Hi all

Had to reinstall win7 from scratch today. "Map Network Drive" found my Foxsat OK, but it can't see Fox T2. Anyone know why (not)?

TIA
Ian

Unless you install the custom firmware and run the samba package, there's no reason it should, although I note that my HDR-FOX has been located by its DLNA service only. Have you got DLNA turned on (Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = On)?

Not sure i made myself clear; it's the laptop that had the problem. Everything (CF and samba) on the T2 is fine and dandy apart from (now) not being seen by win7! Or am I missing something obvious?

Not sure i made myself clear; it's the laptop that had the problem. Everything (CF and samba) on the T2 is fine and dandy apart from (now) not being seen by win7!
Then I think this needs to be in the customised section - in the vanilla HDR-FOX section the presumption is that the topic does not involve customisation.

Have you got the right Workgroup set on all the machines. If you don't have them all the same, W7 sometimes takes quite a long time to find them (unless you type in the IP address).

Have you got the right Workgroup set on all the machines. If you don't have them all the same, W7 sometimes takes quite a long time to find them (unless you type in the IP address).

Ah! The joys of a "net use ..." command in your autoexec.bat file, it brings back memories!

wiab4355, did you turn on sharing on your Win7 machine, and turn the Homegroup off?

Back