Can't Pause Live TV, recordings failing

souljacker

Hi all

My FOXT2 has decided to play up for no reason. I recorded something yesterday and when I went to play it back, I got a black screen with "Channel is scrambled or not available" message. Since then, I also cannot pause a live recording (it just jumps to the 'live broadcast' thing). The recorded show was on ITV4 but the wife told me that something she recorded yesterday did the same thing.

Any ideas? I bought it from John Lewis, so it's still within the 2 year guarantee provided, but I reckon you guys will have a good idea whats wrong. Anyone?

My FOXT2 has decided to play up for no reason. I recorded something yesterday and when I went to play it back, I got a black screen with "Channel is scrambled or not available" message. Since then, I also cannot pause a live recording (it just jumps to the 'live broadcast' thing). The recorded show was on ITV4 but the wife told me that something she recorded yesterday did the same thing.
We see something similar to this once or twice a year. In our case the fix is to put the box into standby, wait until the disk stops spinning and then switch off the mains power; count to ten then turn on the mains power and see if things are back to normal. There is a plausible but unproven theory that the box has got confused about its encryption keys. The other possibility would be a problem with the hard drive and it is likely that installing the custom firmware and using the maintenance mode would correct the problem.

Back