can't play videos from USB stick

terryb

Hi all newbie speaking, I have just bought a humax-freesat HD PVR, and I've put a picture, some music and a video on an usb stick, I can view the picture, I can listen to the music but although the box sees the video and correctly identifies it (it's in .ts format from AV2HDR) when I click ok or play the box just reverts back to TV, can anybody help?:(

Hi all newbie speaking, I have just bought a humax-freesat HD PVR, and I've put a picture, some music and a video on an usb stick, I can view the picture, I can listen to the music but although the box sees the video and correctly identifies it (it's in .ts format from AV2HDR) when I click ok or play the box just reverts back to TV, can anybody help?:(
Which version of AV2HDR are you using ? v1.7 had a bug which caused it to build corrupt HMT file and was superceded 4 weeks after release by v1.8. If that's not the cause then does your source video format meet the specs as laid out in AV2HDR's help file ?

Which version of AV2HDR are you using ? v1.7 had a bug which caused it to build corrupt NTS file and was superceded 4 weeks after release by v1.8. If that's not the cause then does your source video format meet the specs as laid out in AV2HDR's help file ?
Version 1.6 and I think the answer to the second part of your question is yes? the video is MPEG-PS format version 2

Version 1.6 and I think the answer to the second part of your question is yes? the video is MPEG-PS format version 2
Yes, but what about other things like frame size, frame rate, Audio format etc. ? And what are the file sizes of the hmt and nts files created by AV2HDR ?

SD Video 576
Width 720 pixels
Height 576 pixels

SD Video 720
Width 1280 pixels
Height 720 pixels

HD Video 1080
Width 1920 pixels
Height 1080 pixels

Other sizes have been encoded and successfully played back on the HDR,
(The horizontal, or vertical resolution is then stretched by the HDR to fill the screen area).
However, this is very much a case of trial and error. The above sizes are the only ones guaranteed to work.

Video format MPEG-2 or H264
H264 codec profile max High@L4
Aspect ratio 16/9.
Scan type progressive or interlaced
Frame rate 23.976, 25, or 29.97 frames per second.

Audio SD or HD
MPEG1 layer 2 or Dolby AC3.

I think the answer to that might be no in that case since width is 720 and height is 576 and frame rate is 25.000fps, the aspect ratio is 4/3 scan type is progressive, does that help?

Another interesting thing has now occurred, the box now rejects the usb stick as being not the correct format whereas before there was no problem!

AAAAAARRRGH, I've just realised that I've posted this on the wrong forum since my box is a humax-freesat HDR, apologies for the confusion!

I think the answer to that might be no in that case since width is 720 and height is 576 and frame rate is 25.000fps, the aspect ratio is 4/3 scan type is progressive, does that help?
Yes, that looks O.K.
raydon said:
And what are the file sizes of the hmt and nts files created by AV2HDR ?
And the file sizes ?

I have the answer, firstly I switched off the box and unplugged it for about 10 mins (until I could prize the remote from er' indoors) then when I switched on again it recognised the usb stick, secondly you hit the answer to th reason for non play, the video I was trying didn't have both hmt and nts files, only hmt, when I downloaded another video with both it worked!

Many thanks for all your help Raydon

Back