Can't save a DVB-S2 recording in non-freesat mode

grahamlthompson

Some of you may know that CH4-HD is transmitting a test from Eurobird 1 that can be tuned on a Humax box

Frequency : 12.607
Polarisation : V
Symbol Rate : 28250
Transmission : DVB-S2
FEC : 3/4

Channel Label : 55300

Starting an instant recording appears to work fine, however when you stop recording you get the can't save a recording of less than 30 secs (The recording was over 3 mins).

Since this is the first DVB-S2 channel available to a hdr does this mean that there is a bug that has been present since day 1 ? :eek:

Some of you may know that CH4-HD is transmitting a test from Eurobird 1 that can be tuned on a Humax box

Frequency : 12.607
Polarisation : V
Symbol Rate : 28250
Transmission : DVB-S2
FEC : 3/4

Channel Label : 55300

Starting an instant recording appears to work fine, however when you stop recording you get the can't save a recording of less than 30 secs (The recording was over 3 mins).

Since this is the first DVB-S2 channel available to a hdr does this mean that there is a bug that has been present since day 1 ? :eek:
Just seen your post Graham, and my Hummy being monopolised atm , will have a look later. Perhaps (pure speculation of course) it may be a flakey DRM thing

A bit more info, info confirms a recording is in progress, pressing play to display the recording progress shows no buffer built up. Live pause and time shifting does not work although ftp confirms it is being recorded to the time shift buffer (0.ts). No entry for the recording appears in the media list (normally this appears after 30 sec). I have also tried the usual trick of rebooting in non-freesat to disable freesat encryption with no effect. Very curious :confused:

Hi Graham,

I've just got round to tuning in this channel. However, all I get is the 'channel scrambled or currently unavailable' banner, and placeholder information in the EPG. Do you know if these tests are still ongoing, and if so what times of day are they being broadcast?
thanks

raydon

Hi Graham,

I've just got round to tuning in this channel. However, all I get is the 'channel scrambled or currently unavailable' banner, and placeholder information in the EPG. Do you know if these tests are still ongoing, and if so what times of day are they being broadcast?
thanks

raydon

Missed the boat, I am afraid the channel is now videoguard encrypted (from Monday I believe). However others reported identical problems. I am given to believe Humax are aware of the problem.

Graham

I tried to record CH4 HD last night at 9 and was still having this problem, should I have been able to record it now in non-Freesat mode ?

Okay thanks, I thought they might of fixed it as it now has a name and some EPG info.

Back