Can't schedule series link record after program has finished

rodp

Hi All,

Here's a puzzle for you... Formula 1 is on every 2 weeks. I've setup the actual race on series link but the qualifying has a different CRID / series link code. The qualifying was on earlier today which means I've missed it and so I thought I would be able to go back to that program in the schedule and be able to set the humax to record future qualifying programs. However, it won't let me set it up.

The next one is two weeks away and so I can't schedule it as we only see one weeks worth of schedule. Other than using the RS package to keep an eye out for the chosen keywords and then receive an email notification. Is there a way using the Webif to amend the database of the schedule, use the CRID from the qualifying program that was shown earlier today, and create my own series link manually?

Thanks in advance

Rodp

You don't have to settle for an RS email notification, it can schedule automatically if you desire.

ok - I don't have rs installed to be honest. Any ideas if the editing of the schedule DB is possible?

Thanks

Rodp

Any ideas if the editing of the schedule DB is possible?
It should be possible on the Telnet command line using the SQLite tools, but you would need to boot the HDR into Maintenance Mode first because otherwise the database tables are locked. The WebIF queues schedule updates (additions via the EPG or alterations/deletions via the Schedule browser) for next boot time (before the humaxtv process starts).
I don't have rs installed to be honest.
Just do it. This sort of thing is what the Remote Scheduling Service is for, and I wouldn't trouble the likes of af123 with providing a different way to skin the same cat.

Hi Black Hole, I may be mistaken but RS still wouldn't help you if you didn't get the correct keywords setup or didn't setup the schedule in time anyway? Perhaps I need to re ask my question but in 2 parts:

1) Why can't you scroll back on the hummy's epg (on the tv) to a series linked program that's just finished (eg on the same day) and select it to record the 'rest' of the series?
2) If you can't do 1), can you make it so that you can do it in Webif..... hold on.... let me just double check that....

ok.... I'm feeling a little :oops: now..... I've just gone back to a series link program earlier today and the record series button is there in webif. Doh!! I think maybe it was because I was using the mobile version and there didn't seem to be a record button but now that I'm using the desktop version it is there.

Scrap my ranting!!

Cheers

Rodp

On freesat, it appears that the CRID is the same for the Quali and the GP. Last year I recorede the lot with just the one schedule. They seem to have screwed up a bit this weekend with the quali though, but once I had sorted out the duplicates, I checked after quali this morning and the next schedule is for tomorrow's race. So one schedule does the lot.

rodp : I've just gone back to a series link program earlier today and the record series button is there in webif.
I may be wrong, but I think this is a recent feature, if you select a programme from the TV EPG that has already started you are not given the option to record the remaining programmes in the series and I think this was also true of the Web-If EPG, however as you say it is possible to do this now, maybe af123 can tell us when this was added

Back