Can't see Humax on my network

murmansk

I have a Humax HDR Fox T2 and I'm thinking of installing the custom firmware.

I have my Humax connected to my wireless router via a Cat5 cable and I can watch iPlayer on my TV via the Humax portal.

I've found my Humax's IP address via the menus but when I put that IP address into my browser's address bar preceded by HTTP:// it gives an error message

Can I only expect to connect to the Humax on my computer once the custom firmware has been installed or should I be able to connect now? If not, please could someone give me some clues as to what to do

Thanks

I've found my Humax's IP address via the menus but when I put that IP address into my browser's address bar preceded by HTTP:// it gives an error message

Can I only expect to connect to the Humax on my computer once the custom firmware has been installed or should I be able to connect now?
You will only be able to connect with a web browser when you have installed the custom firmware.

The links in my signature panel at bottom of this post, assuming you have them turned on (default), will tell you all you need to know.

I have a Humax HDR Fox T2 and I'm thinking of installing the custom firmware.

I have my Humax connected to my wireless router via a Cat5 cable and I can watch iPlayer on my TV via the Humax portal.

Can I only expect to connect to the Humax on my computer once the custom firmware has been installed or should I be able to connect now? If not, please could someone give me some clues as to what to do

Thanks
As Black Hole says check the links on his post.
Basically you need a USB memory stick and a computer to download the Humax factory firmware and the Custom Firmware to it. If you have later Humax firmware already loaded on your HDR then you will only need to load the latest CF which will also update the Humax firmware at the same time. Make sure you keep a copy of the latest Humax Factory firmware safe as you can easily reload this if something goes wrong. The WiKi will tell you how to load the firmware.

Back