Can't switch on when recording and Humax tv portal not working

81Kerry81

I am looking for some advice...my device won't switch on if it is recording...any suggestions? Also, I can't get the tv portal to work so I can't get access to iplayer etc. any help would be gratefully received!

my device won't switch on if it is recording

If you're connected via HDMI, but the TV is showing nothing, it is possible that the device is on but the HDMI connection hasn't been made properly. That seems to be what happens with mine sometimes. I'm hoping, without holding my breath, that Humax sort it with a firmware upgrade.

Thanks for your reply...I'm connected via the scart lead, not HDMI. The device switches on fine from standby it not when it's recording for some reason.

There has been a long running problem the affects some Humax HDR-Fox T2 / TV combinations, the problem is that during recording from standby, if the Humax is turned on, it outputs video over the HDMI link but the TV won't see it until recording has finished, however that fault does not affect SCART connections at all. As far as I know this problem has never been reported for a SCART connected TV

If it behaves like the HDR-FOX T2, it will send a switching signal through the scart lead when it is preparing to record whilst in standby, it does not then send another switching signal when you turn it on while still recording. What happens if you switch on while recording and manually switch to the scart input? I don't have a HDR-2000T but I have heard that the light on the front panel when in standby is almost indistinguishable from when it is recording.

I have this problem with the Humax HDR 2000t. The display panel light shows red when it is in record mode as well as when it is off which is weird to start with as you don't know if it is recording or not! If I try and turn on the TV nothing happens. The telly is v old - a Toshiba built in the days before they invented digital! Is there any way of overcoming this issue other than turning it off at the power socket and starting up anew each time .... And losing the rest of whatever is recording?

Hi I just bought the 2000t and Im having the same issue. It shows red when off and when recording, but I know just now its recording, because its set to record at this time. Im using a scart as my current tv has no hdmi. If I press the on button on the remote the red light blinks, but the pvr doesnt come on, seems a completely ridiculous situation tbh.
On a side note....
On my old Toppy when I was recording and going off to bed, I could just press off on the remote, a box would appear saying "Do you wish to cancel recording" and give you a Yes or No choice. I just turned the TV off with this option still on the screen, this meant that when the recording came to an end the Toppy would turn itself off. Anyone know if the Humax does the same thing, Ive not had the chance yet to find out.

I think I have solved this in a way. I tried changing the AVI channel on my tv and its on (?) Dont understand that but still :)

If the 2000T acts is the same way as it's predecessor the HDR-Fox T2, you can place the Humax in stand-by (turn off using the remote control) while recording and the Humax will go into a half awake state, in this state it will not output any video but everything else is still awake, when the recording is completed the Humax will automatically switch to standby, i.e. the state it would go to if you turned off using the remote when the Humax is not recording

On my 2000T the red lights for "on" and "record" are of only slightly different intensities. It may be that the 2000T was on all along. I wonder if the problem was RGB/composite signal through the SCART.

I dont know if this got solved on another thread, but just to say, what works for me is to press the PVR power button on, then switch on the tv separately. The red light should change to the brighter of the two reds once PVR is power on too.

I am not saying that this is always the problem, but, it really is worth checking that the Humax is on rather than recording from standby, it sound an obvious statement, but it isn't that easy to determine from the LED colours whether the Humax is a) recording in standby, i.e. don't expect any viewable HDMI TV output or b) recording when on e.g. there should be viewable HDMI TV output

I've often thought that a flashing red / purple LED in Redring (Custom firmware for the HDR-Fox T2) to indicate recording in standby would be a very useful feature, however I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement and obviously wouldn't help 1800T / 2000T users

Last edited:
Back