Can't switch video to audio (radio) playback.

Rick J

I've had the 9200 for a few years but just yesterday recorded a radio programme for the first time. I can't find it to play it back! According to the manual, to switch the video play list to audio (radio) playlist, you use the left or right hand buttons on the handset, (page 34) with recorded programme list showing. But when I do this nothing happens, the word "video" at the top of the list stays there, as do all the video progs I have recorded. The left/right arrow buttons work fine for other functions such as navigating the EPG, so nothing wrong with the handset I think. Software version is .23, (latest update) - what am I missing?

Rick J

You are using the buttons to the left and right of the OK button? Other than that all I can tell you is that it works fine for me.

what am I missing?
It may be that you are doing the right thing but the programme did not record. The Radio list is not displayed if there are no radio recordings at all.

To check y0u are doing the right thing switch the current channel to radio and do an instant record. That way you can make sure that you do have a radio programme recorded. Then have a nother go at getting the Radio list displayed.

Did you checked your schedule to ensure that your radio timer is not still in there?

IIRC a couple of arrows appear on-screen around the word "Video" to indicate that the left and right buttons can be used to switch to the audio list "< Video >". This only happens when there is something in the audio list.

IIRC a couple of arrows appear on-screen around the word "Video" to indicate that the left and right buttons can be used to switch to the audio list "< Video >". This only happens when there is something in the audio list.

It also happens if you have recordings selected (green button), a 'Selected' list becomes available.

Thanks to all the posters above for your answers. Luke had it right, the programme hadn't actually recorded. When I tried a test recording off a radio station, everything was as described, the little arrows came up on each side of the word "video", and the arrow buttons toggled correctly. I think what happened on my original recording was that I pushed the button to provide the red mark on the epg during the two minute pre-programme padding period, which means that the red mark appears, but the programme doesn't record. Thanks again for the sound info!

Rick J

Back