Captcha problem

We have been using the Aura for a couple of weeks now, getting used to the control and menu's (previous box was HDR-Fox)
I have trouble when trying to sign in to google account and it brings up the captcha pictures, I can't move to select the appropriate pictures.
All that works is OK which ticks the last box above verify, but I cannot select any others.
I have emailed support and eventually got a reply to turn box off at mains for 5 minutes. As expected it didn't help.
Anyone any ideas what's up?

Never got asked for captcha on TV or Aura. (And it's always a PITA when it is asked - always fricking USA stuff.)
If you don't use your Google account much I'd suggest logging into it account and maybe do some stuff like sending an email to 'get it active' and perhaps it won't ask for captcha.

Never had a captcha myself. The most I have had is a Qi code, but I just follow the Google link and enter the code show on screen.

Maybe as @MikeSh says your Google account needs to be activated.

Thanks for the reply's. I just created a new account for the Aura I'm sure I activated it but i'll check it out and send a couple of emails back and forth from it.

Cheers

I just created a new account for the Aura
Do you mean you've 'just now' done that, since starting the thread or as a trivial action before this problem occurred? If the latter then I'd not be surprised that the systems flagged it as potential robot behaviour and are triggering extra checks.

Is there any reason for not just using your normal Google account? The Aura is basically just another Android device.

Do you mean you've 'just now' done that, since starting the thread or as a trivial action before this problem occurred? If the latter then I'd not be surprised that the systems flagged it as potential robot behaviour and are triggering extra checks.

Is there any reason for not just using your normal Google account? The Aura is basically just another Android device.
No, I didn't say "just now" on purpose as I created it before I got the Aura. Maybe I shouldn't of said "just".
I created it because my other gmail was a business one.
It seems it was because I hadn't signed in for a while, I signed in on pc and got the captcha and then it was fine on the Aura.

So thanks again everyone. Hope i'm not back on here. :)

Back