Catch up frozen and screen saver

Scouser

Catch up was working until a day or so ago. Now it tells me I have to wait 1 minute. Checking settings, it won't connect either auto or manual. The tv( a Bravia 800) is connected and works on its catchup, so there's not much wrong with my router/ homeplug setup, as both the box and the tv use the same cables.

A supplementary question...........my foxstat HDR had a screensaver, but I can't find one on this box.

Ta, Norman

You haven't said which box you have, but our 1010S doesn't have a screensaver. (Our terrestrial boxes have it in pause.) Edit: crossed with Graham :)

I have had the 'wait a minute' problem in the past - there is a thread further down the page of this forum you could look at; about online services.
Have you tried a full reboot (power off for a minute) and/or a reset to defaults?

I had to reboot it about a week ago (for the first time) as it would not play recordings at all. Catchup came on ok then. I'm not sure which box- I think it might be a 1100s, but that's a guess. Cables a bit tight to mess around the back, I'm afraid.

I had to reboot it about a week ago (for the first time) as it would not play recordings at all. Catchup came on ok then. I'm not sure which box- I think it might be a 1100s, but that's a guess. Cables a bit tight to mess around the back, I'm afraid.

2nd generation Humax boxes, HDR-1000S/ HDR-1010S/HDR-1100s/HB-100os and newly released HB-1100s.

Rebooted as suggested. Still could not get catchup. I began to think of the ethernet cable becoming detached, but need a hand to check that due to my disability, so I was awaiting a son-in-law to arrive. 2 days after posting this, catchup just reappeared of it's own volition without any input from me. how bizarre is that! Thanks for all your help anyway.

We wish it was bizarre but sadly these sort of oddities are not uncommon with these sort of systems.
Didn't realise you had a wired connection - that ought to be pretty reliable compared to a WiFi link.
If it happens again then definitely check that LAN connection. One way you might be able to manage without assistance is to get into your router management from your computer/tablet and see if it's showing a connection to the Humax box.

Back