CBS Action series link

ejstubbs

I've been doing a quick re-tune and shuffling my recording schedule today, and I now discover that series link is not available on CBS Action. There appears to be no CRID or PID information for the EPG entries. It definitely used to be there as I had series-linked recordings set up on the channel on its old LCN, before it moved to 64.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Yes. Last time it happened, a month or two ago, the CRIDs returned after a week's absence.

OK, thanks. Sounds like I'll have to scour the EPG regularly for a while until the CRIDs re-appear, then.

Alternatively use the RS to set up text searches. It can auto-schedule recordings of search hits, but I use it to get email alerts.

Ive just been googling "humax Series Record cbs action" as Ive got the same issue. :(
Im on the Humax HDR 2000T
Its been happily recording StarTrek TNG for months every weekday at 11am and then seems to have stopped on the 27/2, which was the last weekday in February.
So now Im pressing to record and its only offering to record the single episodes :(
Its not doing the same on other channels that I tried Series Record on.

From what Im reading I cant tell if its a CBS issue or Humax?
I googled "CRID PID PVR" but couldnt find an explanation.
Ive posted on the CBS Facebook page about the issue just now too.

I notice you were saying CBS Action had moved to 64 ejstubbs, Im on channel 70 I had no idea they had moved, so when my Saturday night recordings have finished Ive got a boring retune to do lol.

It is a CBS issue. There are no CRIDs being broadcast for your programme at the moment. It will be the same on Channel 64. I notice that StarTrek has just moved from Series 1 to Series 2, but whether the absence of CRIDs coincided with the series change, I am not sure.

I notice that StarTrek has just moved from Series 1 to Series 2, but whether the absence of CRIDs coincided with the series change, I am not sure.
There are no CRIDs on anything on the channel. It is not related to any particular series of any particular programme (if you mean the Original Series, then Ep. 1 of Series 2 was on the 27th and it did have CRIDs). It is down to incompetence on the part of CBS Action.

From what Im reading I cant tell if its a CBS issue or Humax?
If the 2000T is the same as the HDR-FOX, you can turn on CRID reporting in the hidden service menu. You can then examine the programme and series CRIDs on the info panel. Hidden service menu: Things Every... (click) section 9.

I notice you were saying CBS Action had moved to 64 ejstubbs, Im on channel 70 I had no idea they had moved, so when my Saturday night recordings have finished Ive got a boring retune to do lol.
There is no need to do a retune for that - either put up with it on 70 (which is what I do), or you can edit the tuning database directly - see HERE (click).

"The series link function is not something that is controlled by us. We have spoken to our transmission facility about the issue and certain Freeview boxes lost their series link function when CBS Action moved to channel 64. This is a specific fault with certain boxes that has been raised with the manufacturers concerned. The only solution that we have been offered is to delete all current series link set ups and re set up with the new channel information. Please let us know if this doesn't work."

This is the reply CBS ACTION gave on their Facebook page, seem like its Humax that are to blame sadly. I deleted everything on the schedule list and did a new channel search, but the problem remains. :(

If they are, as they say, taking it up with the STB manufacturers, I'm sure they will be quickly told where to go.

"So, you changed your LCN and now you're not transmitting any CRIDs and every other channel on every other mux. is OK and nothing else has changed and somehow it's our fault? Do you think the problem might be at your end rather than ours?"
Where are all those useless lumps at Digital UK and what are they doing about it? They should be banging heads together.

My series links have returned and were picked up by the previously set reservation settings, which I had not cancelled. Interestingly, both recordings failed due to higher priority recordings, which were in fact, the daily repeats that I had added when the series links stopped. After cancelling the daily repeats, all is now well.
Humax have acted very quickly to correct their problem (Tongue very firmly in cheek)

Indeed, the series links are back. And equally indeed, CBS' response to the complaint was demonstrably utter tripe.

One of the reasons I was fiddling about with CBS Action was that I wanted to try using AR, since too many of my Star Trek recordings seemed to be missing the first few minutes. I normally avoid AR because I've found it not to be particularly accurate, so I installed the multimode package and set just CBS Action to use AR. However, most of my recordings then failed "unable to track", even after the CRIDs were reinstated. So now I'm back to using padding, and putting up with missing the start of up to 50% of my Star Trek recordings :(

So not only are CBS Action rubbish at managing their series links, it appears they also don't support AR properly, if at all.

Does CBS action transmit AR flags? A note about multi mode and changing recording mode manually in Web-If. If you have AR as default, using padding on particular channels (multi mode) or recordings (manual in Web-If) is fine. If you have padding as default and change to AR you will get a 'failed to track error'. I think there are a few reports of this but I've not located the old threads yet.

So not only are CBS Action rubbish at managing their series links, it appears they also don't support AR properly, if at all.
They obviously went to the same school of competency as Humax. They can't even run to time either. The Original Series (a programme that runs to about 48 mins. max.) can't be fitted into an hour slot without starting over a minute early and finishing over 2 minutes later in the majority of cases.

Back