CEC issues with Aura/TV following latest LG TV software update

I was prompted to update my LG TV (OLED65C24LA) to the latest software a few days ago. Since the update, there have been glitches when starting up the TV using CEC from my Humax Aura remote.

I have the Humax Aura connected to HDMI 1 on the TV, with the "small" power button on the Humax remote configured to control the TV power. For the last few months this has been working fine - when I press this button the TV turns on, the Denon AVR turns on, then after a few seconds the Humax is turned on. I would usually get a message on the TV asking if I wanted to turn on the device on HDMI 1 (i.e. the Humax), but after a few seconds it would do it anyway.

Since the software update, there have been several instances where the TV has turned on, showed the LG Home screen (as usual), but then remained on that screen for up to a couple of minutes before powering up the Humax. This doesn't happen every time, but it's been happening at least once per day.

Any idea what might be going on?

I guess the update might have imported a newer revision of HDMI. You might look for a setting to revert the HDMI to a lower standard, or consider reverting the firmware.

I guess the update might have imported a newer revision of HDMI. You might look for a setting to revert the HDMI to a lower standard, or consider reverting the firmware.
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I can't find any option in the settings to revert to a lower HDMI version.
Haven't looked into downgrading firmware though.

Odd that it works fine in the majority of cases

I find similar on my LG TV (43UH603V ), Yamaha AVR and Humax Aura.

When I first enabled HDMI CEC the TV would turn on first, then it would turn on the AVR and then that would turn on the Aura. Lately the Aura isn't turning on and I need to manually turn it on. I've not tried leaving it for a few minutes.

HDMI CEC is known to be idiosyncratic though.

I find similar on my LG TV (43UH603V ), Yamaha AVR and Humax Aura.

When I first enabled HDMI CEC the TV would turn on first, then it would turn on the AVR and then that would turn on the Aura. Lately the Aura isn't turning on and I need to manually turn it on. I've not tried leaving it for a few minutes.

HDMI CEC is known to be idiosyncratic though.
That's now happening 100% of the time for me. I find that hitting the AV button on the Aura remote is the quickest way of getting the Aura turned on and the TV tuned to it

Back