Certain packages not working after restoring /mod

Dark Eyes

So I have been through the process of backing up the recordings and /mod directory, wiping the harddrive with dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=1M, as discussed in
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/does...med-blocks-mean-that-my-drive-is-dying.10318/

The drive has been in use for about a week, and so far it seems okay, I ran fix-disk this morning, and no errors or multiply-claimed blocks were reported.
However, some of the packages don't seem to be working, since copying the contents of /mod back onto the drive. It seems to be a permissions issue, as some, when accessing some package settings via Web-If give a 500 Internal Server error message; I have managed to fix those by restoring the execute permission using chmod +x on the relevant settings.jim files. There are also other packages that don't seem to be working properly, eg Detect Ads, Flexview, Remote Scheduling; I have tried restoring the execute permissions on all the .jim files in the webif/plugin folders, but most don't seem to change, or make any difference.

Is there something I can do to restore the required permissions to the relevant files to allow all the plugins to run work properly, or shall I just delete the contents of the /mod or /webif/plugin folders and reinstall them?

It seems that to reinstall a package, I first need to uninstall it, which unfortunately gives me a Permission Denied error.
Do I have to remote in and force-remove each package, to be able to reinstall them, or is there an easier way?

Backed up how and to where and copied back how?
I'll have to agree with that.
We don't know what procedure you followed and how you determined why files and directories have incorrect permissions.
Please point us to the guide or process you were following, otherwise the just install again from scratch (as though you have a blank hard drive).

I am suspicious of transferring a CF installation for that kind of reason. Just reinstall – it's not a hard job.
Accepted, I could go through noting the settings in Webif and reinstall the packages. The only reason I thought that this might work is that you said in the original thread "4. retrieve /mod"; which is preferable, if it is possible to do.

Backed up how and to where and copied back how?
Before wiping the drive, I used Filezilla to transfer the contents of the /mod directory over to an external hard drive, attached to my PC.
After wiping it, and getting the Humax to reformat the hard drive, I copied the contents of the /mod directory from the external hard drive, back into the /mod directory on the Humax hard drive, using Filezilla This was all done in the Humax's normal operating mode.

If I put the Humax into Maintenance mode, and use Telnet, can I try copying the /mod directory back onto the Humax, using a command like cp -r, to keep the required permissions?

Probably you should have used rsync to save /mod to a USB drive before wiping and then restoration would be its inverse.

But if you reinstall the packages that you had before, you only need to review your saved /mod/etc and restore any desired settings manually. Eg, restore the /mod/etc tree to /mod/etc-old, use diff -rq to compare the two, then review any differing files.

If you happen to have created some directory under /mod yourself, that can just be copied back directly.

Back