CF 1.16 HDR mode

Aha! I bet it works for everyone that uses a static IP, and doesn't for those who use DHCP...
af123 I am using DHCP i can fix my IP for the box and will test. this is great getting some thing to try. I will have a go tomorrow and post results.

Magic!
Had a terrible time getting this to work yesterday, just hanging all the time.
Updated HD f/w to 1.17 (same as the HDR f/w) and set to static IP, and it worked!
So happy to get it working after all this time. Many thanks to all of you.

I don't need HDRmode so I've not tried it, but I have run into trouble with static (manual) IP addresses. It is all too easy for the router to assign the same address to something else (when the Humax is off) and then there to be a conflict when the Humax is turned on again.

DHCP is also a pain, because you don't know for sure what address is going to be assigned each time the Humax turns on (it will usually be the same) and therefore what address to use for FTP or WebIF.

The answer is to set DHCP in the Humax settings and then tell the router always to assign it a particular address reserved from the pool. That gives it a "static" address without risk of conflicts on your network.

However, I don't know whether this counts as static from the CF 1.16 / HDRmode point of view.

Had a play yesterday and saved two video streams from the TV Portal. One from BBC iPlayer the other from YouTube. Both appear in the /video folder as .MP4s They both play back in either mode but the sound is muted in HDR.

I tried to save from the buffer this morning, but instead of recording the rewound programme it saved the last steam, which is still on the disk!

Recording from the buffer is not available on the HDFoxT2 so it was wishful thinking on my part to expect it to do it in HDRmode, when recording isn't. :rolleyes:

All I do to effectively give my Humax a static IP address is tell my router allocate the Humax's MAC address a specific IP address from a pool. I do this for all my other networks equipment. Only 'visitors' to my network get a true DCHP allocated address.

Which basically is what BH said.

Back