CF questions

Adrian_K

hi All,
I've recently upgraded from the 9200t and barring a couple of niggles it's all good.
I applied the CF but when I download a file to my PC it looses the Humax's filename, is this normal?

I'm having trouble reading media files from my PC. It _was_ showing the folders of my PC on the Humax but no files, but now I select storage/network after a minute or two it returns 'no network available'...but I can copy files from the humax and access iPlayer though.

There are a couple of features I'd like:
list more files under media, I don't want a tiny screenshot, the old box shows 10 recordings and the new only shows 5 and sorting is carp.
I really miss the double press play to restart watching the prog, maybe this works but I haven't found it.
The most annoying feature of the new box is going from guide to eg schedule and back to guide drops you back to 'now' even if you were viewing a couple of days in the future.

On my list of things to do:
Flatten directory structure (easy, 20 seconds)
Work out how to download files from outside my house (ftp?)
Torrent downloads

tia
Adrian

I applied the CF but when I download a file to my PC it looses the Humax's filename, is this normal?

It is if you are doing on-the-fly decryption while downloading. If you decrypt first then the filename should be preserved.

list more files under media, I don't want a tiny screenshot, the old box shows 10 recordings and the new only shows 5 and sorting is carp.

The only thing that makes it more usable is that P+/P- work as page up and down. I find it much more convenient to view what you have recorded through the web interface and do most of my housekeeping from there or the command line.

I really miss the double press play to restart watching the prog, maybe this works but I haven't found it.

Pressing OK on a recording should give you the option to resume.

On my list of things to do:
Flatten directory structure (easy, 20 seconds)
Work out how to download files from outside my house (ftp?)
Torrent downloads

The flatten package will flatten the structure automatically for you.
The transmission package provides a torrent client with a web interface.

I'm having trouble reading media files from my PC. It _was_ showing the folders of my PC on the Humax but no files, but now I select storage/network after a minute or two it returns 'no network available'...but I can copy files from the humax and access iPlayer though.
Do you have a DLNA server running on the PC? That's the only way the Humax will find content via Media >> Storage (blue) >> Network.

thanks for the prompt responses.
It is if you are doing on-the-fly decryption while downloading. If you decrypt first then the filename should be preserved.
This was a radio broadcast & I understood this is SD therefore doesn't need decrypting.

Pressing OK on a recording should give you the option to resume.
whoops, I didn't complete my sentence.
I really miss the double press play to restart watching the prog...from the beginning.

The transmission package provides a torrent client with a web interface.

will try this in due course.

Do you have a DLNA server running on the PC?

Not sure, which probably means no..will look into this.
thanks,
Adrian

I really miss the double press play to restart watching the prog.. from the beginning

Selecting a recording in Media and pressing OK brings up the Play Options menu - this includes "Resume Play" and "Play from the Start".

hi,
I am still getting an odd filename when downloading. When I click on a file to bring up the media details popup I get the below, so when I download by default it tries to save the file as 124.ts but I'm expecting it to be called charts.ts.
192.0.2.200 is not the IP address of my Humax

SS.jpg

Any ideas why?
thanks,
Adrian

p.s. apologies for the screenshot, I got an error saying can't paste links.

You need to understand the way these things work.

When an external DLNA client device (eg an HD-FOX) accesses the HDR-FOX DLNA server, it uses a port 9000 request on the HDR's IP address to negotiate the process. The first thing that gets communicated is the top level directory from which the user at the client end can choose the next item and so on. The navigation does not follow the real folder structure on disk, it follows a separate representation of it in the DLNA index, and the recordings are represented by numbers. A display name is also sent, so what you see is the actual programme name, but the mechanism refers to the numbers. These are in the DLNA URLs that the WebIF can display.

Usefully, we can bypass the negotiation and access the programme as a stream directly, if we know the correct URL. Use a utility called wget on a PC and give it the stated URL on port 9000 and it will fetch the programme file as a stream - and the file will be decrypted on the way. This is how our decryption methods work: 1. by ensuring the file is not protected; and then 2. by downloading it as a port 9000 access, either to a PC (WebIF download option) or to a separate process running on the HDR (WebIF decrypt option).

Consequently the downloaded file is number.ts (as appears in the DLNA index), except that when the download is to a "client" on the HDR (ie the custom firmware) it can patch up afterwards and rename it to the original filename (replacing the encrypted file). No such option is available at the PC end of a download.

If you want to download a programme to PC with its original name, decrypt it first so that the DLNA copy can be patched up, then (I believe) when you download it the DLNA process will be bypassed and the file will download with its full filename.

What do you mean 192.0.2.200 is not your IP address? Have you obscured your real IP address or are you saying it is a fault? When my HDR fails to contact the router for a DHCP request (during boot to set up the IP address allocated by the router) it defaults to 192.0.2.100, which is very similar. Mine does this because the HomePlug fails to wake up in time, and when it does I go to the Configure LAN page on the menus and click "Apply" - the HomePlug has woken up by then, and the DHCP negotiation is successful.

O.K. a few basics first, ALL files on the Humax are encrypted Standard Def, High-Def radio recordings everything. The Humax allocates a DLNA number to every file so a file recorded with the name charts.ts will also have an automatically allocated DNLA name like 124.ts. If you just use Web-If >> Browser >> OPT+ >> download you get a decrypted file BUT it will be called 124.ts. If you want to keep the original name use Web-If >> Browser >> OPT+ >> decrypt and get a green DEC icon next to the file, then do Web-If >> Browser >> OPT+ >> download and this time the file will be called charts.ts . You can check the status of the file by checking the icons against it in Web-If >> Browser and in the flow chart HERE

If I recall correctly, 192.0.2.200 is the Humax default IP address for wireless connections and .100 is for wired.

Yes, af123, well spotted it's wirelessly networked and I think that's the issue.
I tried decrypting again and although the progress bar gets to 100% the note below is displayed:

Processing Come Dine with Me_20130216_1920 Runtime Error: execute.jim:44: Connecting to 192.0.2.200:9000 (192.0.2.200:9000) wget: can't connect to remote host (192.0.2.200): Connection timed out at file "execute.jim", line 44

So although I was running a continuous ping to HDR with no packet loss (and firewall disabled) maybe there are other trust issues buried in Windows or the router. HDR reckons wireless is 65Mbps but streaming recordings from HDR the picture is very broken up.

thanks for you help
Adrian

That looks like a problem with the IP address detection in the custom firmware. I'll see if I can replicate the problem later.

Yes, af123, well spotted it's wirelessly networked and I think that's the issue.
Have you got the wireless-helper package installed? If not, do so and these annoyances will probably go away. They did for me anyway...

Back