[CFW 2.13] Customised Firmware version 2.13

having trouble installing this, pulled usb for hard drive out the rear socket and plugged formatted stick into front,

Here some Notes from the WiKi :-

Some USB Flash / Disk Drives* are reported not to work. The reason for this is not fully understood; however the following tips are known to help :-
  • Remove any other USB devices and power cycle twice (waiting for HDD spin down each time)
  • Do not use a USB extender cable
  • Removing all other files / re-formatting can prevent file fragmentation
  • Try both USB ports (HDR)
  • As a last resort, try a different USB Flash Drive

black hole was right, used another stick and all updated fine thanks.

dont understand why one works and one doesnt, both were fat32 formatted beforehand. never mind its done now, and thanks again for the advice

'black hole was right, used another stick and all updated fine thanks.'

Oh no, not again!

It will go to his head you know!

:)

black hole was right, used another stick and all updated fine thanks.

dont understand why one works and one doesnt, both were fat32 formatted beforehand. never mind its done now, and thanks again for the advice
I have had opinion expressed against me that external mass storage devices do not require a variety of driver support in Windows - here is yet more evidence to the contrary.

I think it is much more likely that the problem is not the USB interface but one of the many other causes e.g. file fragmentation, It is quite comment to find a flash drive that won't perform firmware upgrade but will happily work transferring / playing video files

It is quite comment to find a flash drive that won't perform firmware upgrade but will happily work transferring / playing video files

The first operation is performed by the CFE bootloader though which has very limited support for USB devices. When you plug the drive into a running Humax then the Linux kernel is responsible for the interface.

Blimey that really is shortsighted, I can see that it's not practical to support every device, but to not use the same set of drivers for all operations seems daft

Back