[CFW 2.17] Customised Firmware version 2.17

af123

Administrator
Staff member
Just a minor update this one.
  • Lower system priority of custom firmware packages and tasks to reduce likelihood of stealing CPU time from the main Humax TV application (problem noted by raydon);
  • Create missing /mod/tmp directory on environment initialisation.
It's safe to apply CFW 2.17 straight on top of CFW 2.16 with the same Humax version.

I seem to have missed 2.16 . However,i managed to make mine stutter. At the time it was using the torrent client just uploading plus recording one hd channel plus copying the iPlayer buffer 1gb. After about30s of copying I tried to play the above recording from beginning and it stuttered for 2,3 minutes, probably when the copying finished it stopped stuttering.

The utelnetd daemon still seems to be running at nice 0 rather than nice 10 as mostly everything else now is.
This presumably gets inherited by the shell processes spawned to service incoming Telnet connections.
If you then stop/start services for example, they inherit this elevated priority too.
So I think that utelnetd should be started at nice 10 like everything else to maintain consistency and integrity.

It would depend on what combination of official / Custom firmware you start with and which combination you want to end up with, there is an upgrade path table HERE, (note:- CFW 2.17 is not currently shown) as long as the official firmware version doesn't change, I would say you could go from Custom Firmware 2.15 directly to 2.17

It would depend on what combination of official / Custom firmware you start with and which combination you want to end up with, there is an upgrade path table HERE, (note:- CFW 2.17 is not currently shown) as long as the official firmware version doesn't change, I would say you could go from Custom Firmware 2.15 directly to 2.17

Many thanks - I should have checked there first! ;-)

Rg.

Hi Ezra,

I'm coming from CFW 2.15/1.02.29 and would have expected to see a 1.02.29_mod_2.17.zip file but that doesn't seem to be the case. Am I safe to go with the 1.02.32_mod_2.17.zip file do you think? It is sort of hinted at in the top table on the upgrade path page, despite it being for the 1.02.32 firmware base

Thanks

-Mat

I would say yes it would be O.K. to go from 1.02.29 + CFW 2.15 to 1.02.32 + CFW 2.17, I think af123 just hasn't got around to updating the Upgrade path page on the WiKi with " Upgrading to Customised Firmware 2.17 based on Humax Firmware 1.02.32" yet

Thanks Ezra,

I was too impatient and took the chance :)

It's just finished and I was about to update this thread in case it helped anyone else.

Thanks for the help

-Mat

2.17 for 1.02.32 also includes the differences between 1.02.29 and 1.02.32, so your HDR should now report the updated firmware on the startup splash.

It doesn't mix muxes from unwanted regions with those from wanted regions... if you're in an area which can receive from more than 1 transmitter.
e.g. previously a box I look after had 4 muxes from Waltham and 2 from Belmont, with the channels from the other 2 Waltham muxes being stuck up in the 800+ range.

sorry to disagree but I still had some duplicate channels from an additional mux in the 800s with this firmware.

They were duplicates though which isn't a problem. I just deleted them.

It's not that you won't get duplicates, the point is the main set (sub-800) should not come from a mixture of transmitters (which was entirely possible before).

thanks for clearing that up.

I do seem to get a lot more recordings with the lightning strike through now (broken?) than I did before. They all play fine though so not sure what causes them. I had two last night and two more over the weekend when I've not had more than two in total before.

Signal strengths are all good. Any ideas?

I do seem to get a lot more recordings with the lightning strike through now (broken?) than I did before. They all play fine though so not sure what causes them. I had two last night and two more over the weekend when I've not had more than two in total before.

Signal strengths are all good. Any ideas?

What error message do you get when you click to play them?

The most common cause for broken recordings that still play for me is when there is a minor clash.

i.e. two recording set for 20:00-2100 and one set for 21:00
If the two earlier recordings over run slightly then the recording set for 21:00 wont begin until one of the tuners is free. The file will play fine but you will have the broken icon that you mentioned.

Most of the time this happens its only seconds cut off the start of the recording. I use AR and I have had plenty of files that panic me saying that they are broken but there is so little cut off the start of the recording I wouldn't notice.

Back