[CFW 2.19] Customised Firmware version 2.19

af123

Administrator
Staff member
Customised firmware version 2.19 has been released and is available for download at http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads

The main change is to enable the fan when in maintenance mode to prevent the disk from overheating during long check/repair operations. There's also an updated version of fix-disk from xyz321 (same version as in the existing 0.3 package on the repository but available to people installing the customised firmware to resolve a disk problem).
  • Enable fan when in maintenance mode;
  • Use correct timezone in telnet menu;
  • New version of fix-disk courtesy of xyz321;
    • The long test will now find and repair multiple damaged sectors;
    • New partition table repair routine (currently only supports standard format disks);
    • Various bug fixes.

According to the information referenced in post 3:
CFW other [ie any custom firmware prior to 2.18]:
Run prepare_for_upgrade diagnostic (see note below).
Download and install official 1.02.32
Download and install CFW 2.19/1.02.32

Can I update from 1.02.29 mod 2.14 directly to 1.02.32 mod 2.19 or must I install official 1.02.32 first?
That isn't an upgrade path that has been tested so I can't guarantee that it would work.

I installed CF 2.19 this morning after which I could no longer access y NAS box only a drive commected to the Hummy's USB port. It seems as though the problem is with the network facility of the CF. So I down graded to CF 2.18 and all was fine again.

Michael.h

#1 HDR Fox-T2 v1.02.32 with CF v2.18
#2 HDR Fox-T2 v1.02.32 with CF v2.19 No network access

I installed CF 2.19 this morning after which I could no longer access y NAS box only a drive commected to the Hummy's USB port. It seems as though the problem is with the network facility of the CF. So I down graded to CF 2.18 and all was fine again.

I can't explain that. The only changes in 2.19 are those shown in the first post. Anyone else having problems or success with this?

Code:
humax-dev# svn diff .../tags/2.18 .../tags/2.19  | grep Index
Index: bin/tmenu
Index: bin/opkg
Index: bin/fix-disk
Index: usr/lib/libfan.so
Index: etc/init.d/S89maintenance
Index: etc/modversion

I can't explain that. The only changes in 2.19 are those shown in the first post. Anyone else having problems or success with this?
I installed 2.19 on six devices yesterday, all of which still have network access as before.

As stated in my previous post due to the failure to have access to my NAS box with CF 2.19 I reinstalled CF 2.18 and all was well.
I have now reinstalled CF 2.19 and I can access my NAS box. During the first installation of CF 2.19 I noticed a pause of some 4 minutes at 79%, however with this mornings reinstall there was no long delay.
There is one problem remaining [Deleted Items] works fine in relation to programmes deleted by Webif Auto shrunk and unprotect but anything I deleted using the remote or the webif are not moved but completely deleted!

Michael.h

#1 HDR Fox-T2 v1.02.32 with CF v2.19 Network access now OK
#2 HDR Fox-T2 v1.02.32 with CF v2.18 Network access OK. Still to be re-upgraded to CF 2.19
#3 HDR Fox-T2 v1.03.06 Loader a7.34

There is one problem remaining [Deleted Items] works fine in relation to programmes deleted by Webif Auto shrunk and unprotect but anything I deleted using the remote or the webif are not moved but completely deleted!

That sounds like you applied a stock firmware version without running the prepare_for_upgrade diagnostic first. Running the fix-flash-packages diagnostic and restarting should fix it.

Hi all

Just checking, going from Humax T2 1.02.29 with mod 2.15:-

Run prepare_for_upgrade diagnostic

Install HDR-FOX T2_1.02.32

Then install HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.32_mod_2.19

Will that keep all my settings?

In future will I only need to:-

Run prepare_for_upgrade diagnostic

Then install HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.32_mod_2.20 (and later)?

As the CFW is running well I don’t want to ‘upset’ anything.

If it does all go wrong, is it just a matter of reinstalling the older versions again?

Back