[CFW 2.22/1.03.12] Customised firmware based on 1.03.12

Reading about the EPG slowdown, I'm reminded of my old 9200T and I don't want to go there. Is there any good reason why I should update?
As far as I can fathom:
  • Fancy new iPlayer, iPlayer Radio fixed;
  • Fix for new HiDef services recording problem (not tested);
  • Fix for EPG update problem when using auto-padding (not tested), ref Things Every... section 4;
  • New slicker TV Portal implementation incompatible with portal-xtra1;
  • Buggy EPG browser implementation (slow)
(Have I forgotten anything?)

So no, if you are not interested in iPlayer or HiDef recording from the new services, probably nothing that can't be worked around (until Humax release some new goodies for the TV Portal).

The first 4 don't affect me and I'd rather avoid the last, so it looks like status quo is best. I'll just leave the 4.20am reminder in place. For some reason when I use disable-ota my USB drive is always powered in the morning, even though the Hummy is off.

I did post up a few weeks ago a link to a BBC demonstration of the new iPlayer. Personally it is a vast improvement on the iPlayer in 1.02.xx

http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/demon...he-iplayer-contained-on-1-03-xx-version.4639/

PS I think you missed the new colour wash on the portal screen in 1.03.12 against 1.03.11. Barry's board was talking about the screen colour and that is it I think. Under 11 you got very bright colours which settled down to not a lot which looked like a fault, now it's just a bit brighter.

The colour wash is there in 1.02.20 but without 1.3.06/11's initial brilliance.

I'm a little conflicted. I'm on 2.19/1.02.32, having blocked the OTA update. My machine has never missed a recording on BBC3HD/BBC4HD and I have no interest in anything through the portal as I have a media PC connected to the TV and it does all that stuff much better.

Reading about the EPG slowdown, I'm reminded of my old 9200T and I don't want to go there. Is there any good reason why I should update?

I updated and couldn't get back to 1.02.32 quick enough as my EPG was so slow I couldn't possibly have got used to it.

I'm back on 32 now with Af's CF and am a happy bunny again :)

Strange that there is no mention in the release notes for 1.03.12 of the new improved disk check/repair.
How is the disk repair accessed? I tried running the disk check from the Humax menu and that appears to have run a SMART short offline test as before.

af123: thanks for the quick work! I wasn't panicking too much about this OTA update because I thought I had disable-ota installed already, but turns out it was disable-dso that I had, and the OTA update got installed last night. No worries, I downloaded CFW 2.22 and all is well again. I've just noticed an oddity however, but I don't know whether it's down to the custom firmware or the 1.03.12 update. I was watching ITV2, a recording on C5 had just started (not sure whether that part is relevant), and I had clicked the BBC1 HD icon on the WebIF EPG to switch the channel over. It switched over as expected, however the display on the box still shows ITV. The slide-down display on the WebIF homepage shows that I'm watching BBC1 HD and recording Channel 5. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Did a few more channel changes via the EPG icons after I finished watching what I switched over to on BBC1 HD, front display is updating correctly now. Hopefully just a one-off glitch.

I didn't take the OTA and am on 1.02.32 with CF 2.19. Am I safe to go direct to 1.03.12 with CF or do I need to wait for a 1.03.12 OTA to be broadcast again? (which could take a while since Humax have pulled the repeat slots). The usual rule is to install the standard software first and then install CF on top of it, but I don't have any standard software to install by USB.

Just loaded on CFW 2.22/1.03.12 and then went to update the packages. All went well apart from the IR package where 1.07-3 fails to install with the following error:
Installing ir (1.07-3) to root...
Downloading ir_1.07-3_mipsel.opk. Humax software version: 1.03.12 This package requires CFW 2.11 or above with Humax firmware 1.02.20, .27, .28, .29, .32 or 1.03.06, .11. Collected errors: * pkg_run_script: package "ir" preinst script returned status 1. * preinst_configure: Aborting installation of ir. * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ir.
Decided to remove 1.07-2 to see if that would help, but no change.
Anyone else having this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Fixed. Still need to update the dlna-servername package to support this new version.

af123: thanks for the quick work! I wasn't panicking too much about this OTA update because I thought I had disable-ota installed already, but turns out it was disable-dso that I had, and the OTA update got installed last night.
I have a feeling that several people got confused this way. Now that the DSO has finished is this package still needed?

Back