[CFW 2.22/1.03.12] Customised firmware based on 1.03.12

The first response to your original query whether the disable-dso package is still needed was "yes". You are the one who pressed the point that you have not experienced a retune event since DSO, so the presumption is that you disagree. I have shown you a specific recent report to disprove it.

If you did not mean what you posted, that's your problem not mine.

Would it be interesting to ask why mihaid might have not experienced the auto-retune?

Is it region-dependent? Are there circumstances under which it may be missed, or ignored?

I'm also wondering: having disable-dso, and not receiving any auto-retune, what am I now missing? :)

thanks...

I think it's about time to clarify that I am NOT against the package for the hell of it in fact I'm not against the package at all. I just want to keep the amount of installed packages to a minimumso as not to stress the box and since I have not suffered what the package fixes I queried its continued usefulness.

Why do you assume the box is stressed? Why do you assume that removing package X will make any significant difference? And why do you assume that just because you haven't suffered from problem Y, that nobody else has?
And you still seem to bang on about it, despite being told otherwise...

Why do you assume the box is stressed? Why do you assume that removing package X will make any significant difference? And why do you assume that just because you haven't suffered from problem Y, that nobody else has?
And you still seem to bang on about it, despite being told otherwise...
1.Well, I was playing a video file and the picture was jerky as in playing hd on an underpowered computer. Played the same file on the phone and it's fine.
2. I'm sorry if you think, I'm banging on, as I said before clarifying is appropriate here.
3. The only concrete advice mentioned 1.02.20 which is not my version.

1.Well, I was playing a video file and the picture was jerky as in playing hd on an underpowered computer. Played the same file on the phone and it's fine.
For what it's worth, disable-dso only has one module, which runs at bootup and then exits. It thus has absolutely no effect on the normal operation of the box as far as performance is concerned.
For what it's worth again, most of the other packages run at lower priority than the native humaxtv application, which is what takes the majority of the CPU time. Thus the normal operation of the box is not adversely affected as far as CPU goes. Things that are running all the time will of course use memory, but that is generally not a problem as there is enough for everything.

Back