[CFW 3.00] Customised Firmware version 3.00 released.

If not, can someone recommend a usb cradle for the 2tb drive have at the moment so I can move it external and install a new empty drive?
I'm not sure what you mean by this - I use 2 sorts of entity to connect HDD or Optical devices to USB:
1) USB enclosure (I guess you'd need SATA USB enclosure) for a (semi) permanent connection
2) SATA/IDE usb interface for temporary connection
Both of these are obtainable through many sources (I use cpc.farnell.com), and you can pay £20 - £50 depending on current market/offer states.
In either case it is best to have one with a separate mains connection, as you cannot expect the Humax box to provide sufficient over the USB interface.
HTH

I'm not sure what you mean by this - I use 2 sorts of entity to connect HDD or Optical devices to USB:
1) USB enclosure (I guess you'd need SATA USB enclosure) for a (semi) permanent connection
2) SATA/IDE usb interface for temporary connection
Both of these are obtainable through many sources (I use cpc.farnell.com), and you can pay £20 - £50 depending on current market/offer states.
In either case it is best to have one with a separate mains connection, as you cannot expect the Humax box to provide sufficient over the USB interface.
HTH
http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/retrieve-lost-pvr-9200t-recorded-items-list.5348/#post-69180

Thank you all for the responses.

So what is the point of
"Large block devices;
EFI Partition tables;"
if not to enable larger disks?:duel:

I bet it would now take any size disk....
With a bit of support I'll give it a go. It'll be a better solution that an external disk.:doublethumbsup:

Thanks again

So what is the point of
"Large block devices;
EFI Partition tables;"
if not to enable larger disks?
I think the point is to enable larger disks but I suspect you will need af123 to explain what is necessary and he hasn't been seen on the Forum this week so I assume he is enjoying a well deserved holiday.

Mike has binned the offending device

Just a quick update now prpr has had a chance to cool down and regret what he said.

I kept the HDD from the T2 and also the remote (virtually unused) and backed up the recordings to one of my NASes. They are all playable via various devices, including the TV itself, so nothing was lost. As the T2 didn't get much use anyway, I have substituted the BT Youview box I already had, the latest version.

In one unlucky week, my Foxsat went on the blink, with playback stuttering regularly. (Do the timeshift buffers eventually get worn out on the HDD?) I bought a 1000S to replace that, and that is a fine machine. I still have the Foxsat to play back stuff, plus a backup on the same NAS.

So, apart from a few pounds spent on the 1000S, no real harm done, but I am still convinced that some combination of circumstances conspired to wreck the T2 when I upgraded it to 3.00.

Sounds like you are stuck with them, then.:lol:

I never did understand malice, especially towards someone you don't even know.

I never did understand people who cut off their nose to spite their face, or indeed somebody else's face.
You could have donated your unwanted box to somebody who might have been able to fix it, or at least investigate what (if anything) had gone wrong, but you chose to trash it instead. How sensible it that?

eBay. The value of the remote and HDD is more than it would fetch on eBay. One just fetched £40. Why would someone pay maybe £30 for a remote and £60 for a new HDD to get mine working? I will possibly re-use the HDD in my Freesat, as it hasn't had much use.

Come on, lighten up! It's only a tv recorder!

I share that view, but there ya go. I'm used to not having to share my Humii with anybody - maybe I would run out if I did (endless soaps...).

Why should anyone need more than 640k of RAM? Or even to have a computer in their home? (To paraphrase Bill Gates and Ken Olsen.)

HD gobbles HDD space like nobody's business.

Only if you keep it instead of watching it and deleting it! If you keep it, where does your storage requirement end?

I have lived with 1Tb in my Foxsat for years and always hovered around 50% usage, but delete things regularly myself. Mind you, there is a backlog of unwatched films on a LAN drive.

After having the 1Tb Freetime box for about 4 weeks, we are at 10% full already. Adding the Foxsat to what I salvaged off the T2, I have a backlog of just under 1Tb.

I have nearly 8TB of archived shows from my T2 on my NAS! I never really watch live TV and just dip into my growing library for whatever takes my fancy. I'll probably not watch loads of it but if you don't record it... ;)

Back