ch 200 every morning?

sohlinux

Hi,

Every morning I turn on the TV the humax box is set to channel 200 bbc red button. I don't recall setting any default channel, and I cant find how to, anyway how can I change it to default bbc one?

thanks

Web interface version: 1.0.10-1
Custom firmware version: 2.22 (build 1905)
Humax Version: 1.03.12

This is because you have the disable OTA package installed. The package turns the Humax on every morning at around 4:15am so that it is 'busy' at the OTA time, you can change the channal from 200 to another of your choice in the schedule or you can disable the 4:15am turn on completely, however this will make disable OTA less reliable

It's a bit annoying, but I prefer to have OTA disabled completely - I don;t want a slow EPG. :)

To soften the impact, I have the package "poweron-channel" installed and set to channel 101. So each time I power on the box it will default to BBC1 HD. I find this is better than un-installing the disable OTA package, but it's all up to the individual I guess...

You can keep disable-OTA fully working (with the scheduled turn on) and just edit the scheduled entry created by disable-OTA so that your preferred channel 101 is used instead of CH200. This would have the same effect as running the poweron-channel package

This would have the same effect as running the poweron-channel package
.. for the first boot of the day. The poweron-channel resets the channel on every boot and can also be useful to reset the volume and favourites group.

Ahh thanks, I didn't know you could do this. It's a nicer way to achieve the same result. I just didn't like channel 200 as it's in the middle of nowhere in the EPG.

Back