Change 1 Add/Remove 1 game

Can you just add one letter, or do you have to change one as well? I can't make up my mind from the rules. I thought that the new game would stop me just pluralising as it appears that I am known for, otherwise I would have offered steams as my next word.

The rules are basically the same except for what you can change.
  • Taking the existing word you may change one letter anywhere in it.
  • You may add or subtract one letter to/from the word BUT this can only be at the beginning or end of the word. ie. you can tack a letter on either end, or remove a letter from either end.
Seems clear enough to me, but if not the examples make it apparent:
For example:
settee -> settle... OK, changed 1
settee -> settler... OK, changed 2nd e to l, added r
settee -> better ... NOT OK, 2 letters changed
setter -> otter ... OK, changed 1st e to o, s removed
setter -> scatter ... NOT OK, 1 added within existing word
So yes, you can just change one letter or add one letter (as long as the added letter is at the beginning or the end), or you can do both.

A simple Yes or No would have done.:rolleyes:.
There is no example of just adding a letter to the end; only one combined with a change.:p

A simple Yes or No would have done.:rolleyes:.
No it wouldn't.:rolleyes:
You can't answer the question as posed (which was "Can you just add one letter, or do you have to change one as well?") with a simple Yes or No, because which clause would it apply to?

Last edited:
Can you just add one letter, or do you have to change one as well? I can't make up my mind from the rules. I thought that the new game would stop me just pluralising as it appears that I am known for, otherwise I would have offered steams as my next word.
Steams wouldn't work.
(You can change one letter) and/or (You can add or remove one letter to/from either end).
Steamy to Steams involves remove y and add s which is not allowed.

Unless I don't understand my own rules we are derailed at post #23.
Beach -> Leech involves 2 changes and no add/remove, so is not valid. (You can't remove and add.)
Beach is last valid word (I think :oops: ).

Steams wouldn't work.
(You can change one letter) and/or (You can add or remove one letter to/from either end).
Steamy to Steams involves remove y and add s which is not allowed.
I changed one letter. I changed the Y to an S. What's wrong with that?
prpr. You are of course right, as usual. (Well usually, anyway). No you are not. Re-read your post #34. It's missing apostrophe T:p
So how about
Beech as in the tree?

I changed one letter. I changed the Y to an S. What's wrong with that?
Nothing.
prpr. You are of course right, as usual. (Well usually, anyway). No you are not. Re-read your post #34. It's missing apostrophe T:p
Mostly right then :). I don't know how I screwed up #34, nor #23 for that matter. Eyesight is not what it was. That'll have to do as the excuse.

Back