Change folder problems

Erratic

Is it by design that you can only change to a folder 1 deep and not multi-nested?

If I change recording folder for a series from "Family Guy" to "Series/Family Guy" instead of putting the recordings in the "Family Guy" folder inside the "Series" Folder the recorder creates a new folder called "Series_Family Guy".

I've tried absolute paths such as "media/My Video/Series/Family Guy" but it seems whatever I do the "/" are always translated to "_".

I really want to change series default folders to multi-nested folders for neatness sake, is there any way to do this?

I really want to change series default folders to multi-nested folders for neatness sake, is there any way to do this?

No. It's a limitation in the Humax firmware that it can only record into My Video (for non-series only) or a folder one deep under that (for series only).

The series-filer package was created to do what you want. Alternatively, use sweeper (a universal rule-based recording processor), possibly in combination with flatten. (Flatten removes series recordings to My Video, sweeper can then re-file them wherever you want, according to a variety of predefined criteria. You would need to pre-create destination folders and flag them "do not flatten").

Last edited:
I use just one sweeper rule to move all my series; shortly after any series episode is recorded... if a matching folder name can be found elsewhere in the folder tree; the recording is moved to the matching folder and the now empty original folder is removed. Being just one rule, it is maintenance-free; when I schedule a new series, I create its destination folder where I need it (or move the folder created by the first recording).
I am away from the system, so cannot post the rule at the present, but I think it is one of the predefined rules (but I may have increased the the recursion depth limit on it).

That's exactly what series-filer does (not that I've ever used it); sweeper was given the ability to do the same and replace series-filer.

Back