Changing channels shows snow while changing

Neither, as such. I think that it is simply an HDMI handshake problem. But don't know what you would do about it. Perhaps someone with a better idea can shed some light on it. Sorry.

If there is problem on HDMI but not via SCART, I don't thin this is a hard disk problem, I don't think is is a Custom firmware problem either. Humax have 'fiddled' with HDMI handshaking on almost every release, so if you don't have latest CF compatible version (1.02.32) I would try that. If you do have this version, all that is left is swapping HDMI cables (which you have already tried), using a diffearent HDMI input on your TV or maybe trying a different setting on the remove control >> V-Format button

If there is problem on HDMI but not via SCART, I don't thin this is a hard disk problem, I don't think is is a Custom firmware problem either. Humax have 'fiddled' with HDMI handshaking on almost every release, so if you don't have latest CF compatible version (1.02.32) I would try that. If you do have this version, all that is left is swapping HDMI cables (which you have already tried), using a diffearent HDMI input on your TV or maybe trying a different setting on the remove control >> V-Format button

Hi Ezra - I just d/l the latest CF today to see if that would resolve the issue. Unfortunately it has not resolved the issue and I cannot access the web-if due to connection problems (having a bit of a nightmare with my hummy at the moment). What does the v-format button do?

The HDMI changes will be in the Official Humax software part of the code rather than the custom firmware but obviously the CF version number must match the Official version. The V-format button toggles different video resolutions e.g. 576, 720, 1080i and 1080p, the first 3 will result in a lower resolution picture but swapping between the two 1080's will only have very subtle differences, however they may carry out HDMI handshaking better, also 720 won't lose any resolution if your TV is only 1380X720 pixels, rather than 1920X1080

Do you have any other devices (bluray) connected via HDMI?
If so what happens when you switch from Humax to/from that device?

Also have you tried a different HDMI input on the TV, if it has one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The HDMI changes will be in the Official Humax software part of the code rather than the custom firmware but obviously the CF version number must match the Official version. The V-format button toggles different video resolutions e.g. 576, 720, 1080i and 1080p, the first 3 will result in a lower resolution picture but swapping between the two 1080's will only have very subtle differences, however they may carry out HDMI handshaking better, also 720 won't lose any resolution if your TV is only 1380X720 pixels, rather than 1920X1080

Ezra - it seems to have done the trick, 100,000 thank yous. Out of interest I have the latest 1080p 3D Panasonic telly - not sure what difference it makes. I think it was stuck on 576, perhaps that had something to do with it if I understand what you have said above.

Now i need to find a solution to my web-if connection problem - is it worth reloading the CF again?

Blimey, If you was on 576 you should see a great improvement in picture quality now that you are on 1080i/1080p.
Not sure where you are with the networking side of things, does the TV portal work? are you using USB Wi-fi or LAN cable?

As I stated earlier in the thread, the humax will never show "snow" because there are no analogue tuners.
So it's either the tv channel has been changed or the hdmi signal has been lost. Its only your tv that could generate "snow" if it has analouge tuners.

It's possible that its not syncing the hdmi properly in which case I would check to see if there is a firmware update available for your tv first incase it's a known issue. Otherwise, if its quite an old set, it's possible that the two just don't like each other. There are similar reports about green screen issues which is kind of the same issue.
If you have multiple hdmi ports on the tv, you could try a different one to rule out a port fault.

Edit: sorry didn't see there was a page 2 lol

Finally sorted my web-if connection problem by reloading the CF and got rid of the snow through proper configuration of the v-format button - happy days again. Thanks to all contributors for help.

Back