Changing folder names

wiab4355

The new series of Match Of The Day was put into a folder called "Charity Shield etc..." (because that was the first game), but all the episodes after that ended up in the same folder. I tried renaming the folder to "Match Of The Day", but the very next show was put in a new folder called "Charity Shield etc..." How do I make the folder name change permanent?

Change the target folder for the series reservation in webif. (Make sure it is exactly the same as your renamed one or it will create another new one.)

Thanks for the quick reply. So what I did was a) created "Match of the Day" folder, then 2) went into "Schedule", "More" and "Change Folder". Was this correct?

Yes. Or you could have done WebIF >> Scheduled Events >> [item] >> More >> Change Folder followed by WebIF >> Scheduled Events >> [item] >> More >> Create Folder.

The point is that, left to its own devices, the HD/HDR-FOX registers the name of the first programme in a series recording as the folder name for every programme in the series recording. The WebIF options manipulate that data, which is inaccessible to a non-CF user.

Back