Channel 226 CCTV

makem

FreeView says a compatible box or TV is needed.

Does anyone know which box(s) are compatible?

Yeah, freeview updated the specs later on, but didn't mandate that all existing equipment that carried the freeview tick and hd logo be updated to support it. Only new equipment that went on sale after this change were bound to it.

Yes it does have teletext and BBC Red Button but although I can select and see CCTV channel 226 it is just a static screen on Freeview from the Humax.

If I try to access 226 from the TV Freeview tuner I get a message, "Your device does not currently support this Freeview HD service"

From the TV Freesat tuner on channel 211 I can get CCTV News, brilliant!

I had read whilst you were posting that the Red Button was MHEG and that it was taking over the old teletext service so I would have got there eventually. Thanks for posting that help.

Yes it does have teletext and BBC Red Button but although I can select and see CCTV channel 226 it is just a static screen on Freeview from the Humax.
You're lucky the Humax didn't crash (maybe a firmware update has corrected that)!

"Company shares trade investment and development DVN
Supplying the automatic switchgear, home construction and installation of industrial generators provide automatic reversing the loss of electricity, wholesale retail dishwasher.
Come to dvn.vn to enjoy the tariff policy and good after sales service."

= Spam Spam Spam Spam ...

Back