Channel 4 HD

Robster

I've added channel 4 hd in non freesat mode (5355) and changed to freesat and visible in channel editor but when I select it in freesat mode box reports no signal.

Any ideas?

Channel 4 gave up their HD on Freesat 6-12 months ago, citing costs (dispute with Freesat).
PITA, but that's life.

The dispute was whether or not to include CH4HD on the Freesat EPG and the outcome was that they do not. But CH4 is still transmitted from the satellite and can be tuned in on the Foxsat (and others) in non-Freesat mode.
However, the CF for the Foxsat enables the addition of non-Freesat channels to the Freesat EPG.
However, why this isn't working for the OP, I have not the slightest idea, as it used to work for me when I had my Foxsat in use.

Have I missed something in the CW to get it to work Trev. I only changed those 2 settings. The channel list has channel 5355 as radio, would that effect it?

I've added channel 4 hd in non freesat mode (5355) and changed to freesat and visible in channel editor but when I select it in freesat mode box reports no signal.

Any ideas?
In order to add non-Freesat channels to your channel lineup follow this procedure:
  • Perform a new manual tuning:
    • Menu | Setup | Manual Tune.
    • Transponder: All.
    • Network Search: Disable.
    • Scrambled Type: FTA.
    • Channel Type: All or TV.
    • Click [Search].
    • Wait for the manual tuning to finish.
    • Click [Yes] to save the result.
    • Expect the manual tuning to find 375-500 non-Freesat TV channels.
    • Non-Freesat channels will have an LCN >= 5000. The LCN assigned to a given non-Freesat channel is arbitrary between tunings so don't expect a given non-Freesat channel to keep its LCN.
  • Switch the box back to Freesat mode:
    • Menu | Settings | STB Mode.
    • Right arrow to change to "freesat".
    • OK.
  • Reboot by putting the box in standby and then power back up again through the remote control or the box front panel.
  • Start Channel Editor in WebIf:
    • With non-Freesat channels the Channel Editor might take a few minutes to fully load. The page has finished loading when the last line of the page reads "Rendered in: ... seconds".
    • You might need to click [Import Data from Foxsat] in order to read the result of the non-Freesat tune into Channel Editor. Click [OK] in the confirmation dialog.
    • Include non-Freesat channels in your channel list by setting "Freesat / Non-Freesat" to "Freesat" and "Visible" to "Visible" for each.
    • Exclude channels from your channel list by setting "Visible" to "Hidden" for each.
    • Click on [Save Changes] when you've carried out all the required changes.
    • Wait for Channel Editor to save all the channel updates and generate the change for the box and render the page again.
  • Reboot.
  • You might need to wait for the first Housekeeper boot to have the channels correctly set up.
The above works for me with Channel 4 HD, CNN HD and Al Jazeera HD.

The dispute was whether or not to include CH4HD on the Freesat EPG and the outcome was that they do not.
But was not the root of it the price Freesat wanted?
It seems mad to me as C4 are the only channel to have their +1 on freeview HD. You'd think they could scrap that and use the savings to have the realtime channel on Freesat.

@MikeSh Yes, I believe it was (but not 100% sure) so just mentioned the dispute.
@MofTot Thanks for post #5. I knew it could be done as I had done it , but it was a long time ago (taking into consideration my advancing age:frantic:)and I couldn't remember the fine detail.

Back