Channel 5+1

af123

Administrator
Staff member
I thought I was finished with retunes! At least I get to use the schedule backup/ restore again.

I have carried out the retune and have CH5+1 (44) and can view it, but having reset my favourites it does not show in the Webif EPG.

I thought I was finished with retunes! At least I get to use the schedule backup/ restore again.
Aaarrgghh - I forgot about backing up the schedule before re-tuning! :mad: Another reference to Captain Darlings diary!!

I have carried out the retune and have CH5+1 (44) and can view it, but having reset my favourites it does not show in the Webif EPG.
Should have known. It requires a reboot. It's there now.

Aaarrgghh - I forgot about backing up the schedule before re-tuning! :mad: Another reference to Captain Darlings diary!!
I think automatic schedule snapshots would be a good idea.. I forgot once too.
That would also be straightforward enough to add to rs then you could get rs to push down an old schedule list if necessary.

That latest reply must have been lost in the ether. It took over 8.5 years to arrive. (And still we have retunes - yes I know, that was the point of the post)

How so? I only posted it around lunchtime.
It appeared to be a reply to an af123 post made in December 2011. (It was a tongue-in-cheek comment - I got the point - over 8 years later and retunes every week or so)

I only posted it around lunchtime.
But why?
On the tripadvisor forums the reawakening of long dead threads for no obvious reason is known as necroposting and is usually a sign of a lost newbie or a spam merchant neither of which you are.

But why not?
Because I can?
Because I was bored?
Because I wanted to highlight the absurdity of the original thought (even with hindsight)?
Why are you (seemingly) not allowed to reply to something just because it's old? (That probably rules you out then.)
Who gives a stuff about tripadvisor and their necroposts? This is completely different.

Back