Channel 5 / 5* scheduling oddity

Steppy

We had our second main switchover a couple of weeks ago which gave us all the HD channels and everything has been fine. Yesterday we had to do the final retune which coincided with the London DSO.

I am running standard 1.02.20 unmodified software and get the signal from Rowridge. I have no duplicate channels or any in the 800's.

When I turned on the TV and HDR I had the message on screen about new services have been found do I want to do a re-scan. At first I thought the message may have been from the TV, but I checked that the TV was displaying the HDR picture and it was. I wanted to check after reading posts about peoples HDR's retuning themselves. I didn't press anything and the message timed out.

I waited a minute or two then did a factory default setting and let the box retune itself and all went well.

The main reason for my post is when I went to set "Once upon a time" Channel 5 9pm as a series (as I had before) I noticed that the timer symbol didn’t show. I checked the schedule and noticed that it had set it on 5* instead. That meant it had set an episode for tonight and another for Sunday, also on 5*. I deleted the schedule and tried again, this time as a single recording and that set correctly??

Would this be issue be something to do with the broadcaster or the HDR?

Thanks

The Humax can only act on the information it receives from the EPG data, and there are various ways the broadcasters can manipulate the data either deliberately or by accident. I would just take it as "one of those things" and perhaps keep an eye on it next time.

The Humax can only act on the information it receives from the EPG data, and there are various ways the broadcasters can manipulate the data either deliberately or by accident. I would just take it as "one of those things" and perhaps keep an eye on it next time.

Ok, thanks very much. I will keep an eye :)

Of all the discussions on the effects of EPG data on how the Hummy performs Ch5 has always featured as one of the less well managed data sets so I'm not surprised you found something odd with Ch5.

Strange that it set correctly before I did the last retune yesterday, but I will see if anything else odd occurs.

Back