Channel availability on Freeview and Freesat

• Thread starter Deleted member 473
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 473

I notice that some channels that are on Freesat are not on Freeview but Freeview is not a subset of Freesat. For instance, Yesterday isn't on Freesat is it? Any other anomalies?

There are probably several, esp if you include +1s. They are shown in the listings in Radio Times but as the Freeview selection changes every few months (it seems) (and I expect the Freesat one may as well) any list will soon be out of date.

There are probably several, esp if you include +1s. They are shown in the listings in Radio Times but as the Freeview selection changes every few months (it seems) (and I expect the Freesat one may as well) any list will soon be out of date.

I agree that there are a load of channels on Freesat and not Freeview, or where the Freeview version is curtailed, but channels that are on Freeview but not Freesat are relatively rare. I am not absolutely sure, but I feel that Dave was originally one.

Another was definitely Sky News which was on Freeview but for a long time absent from Freesat, presumably because Sky was having a sulk about the new competition from Freesat.

Back