Channel Editor

hooky

Hi was wondering if anyone could help me please, I've added various non free-sat channels to my channel list using the custom firmware on my Foxsat HDR but every non free-sat channel I switch to shows no or bad signal? On the manuel tune part of Humax box menu my transponder/All is showing 85% strength and 100% quality. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Can you give some examples of the affected channels?

Encrypted channels (e.g. Sky channels) will appear to be bad signals.

Thanks for your reply, its every channel that I've added which is roughly half of the available non freesat ones. Could this be a badly aligned dish do you think, only the freesat channels are all ok?

Hi, I can't find sky news in the listings for freesat or non freesat channels. Amongst the list of added channels is, Eurosport
Vox
MTV Germany
MTV N HD
Portada
Taquilla
Fox
National Geographic
Belsat
All which say no or bad signal?

Hi, I can't find sky news in the listings for freesat or non freesat channels. Amongst the list of added channels is, Eurosport
Vox
MTV Germany
MTV N HD
Portada
Taquilla
Fox
National Geographic
Belsat
All which say no or bad signal?

None of those are at 28.2/28.5E.

Very confused a manual scan using a Foxsat should find over 500 radio and TV channels including all the ones you have in Freesat mode. Do you have a motorised system or multiple lnbs connected by diseqc switches ?

See
http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

Until you tune these using manual tune the channel editor won't find them.

I think that you are trying to add channels that only exist on Astra 1 satellites at 19.2 degrees E. Do you have a dish or LNB pointing at that satellite group (all Freesat transmissions are from 28.2E).

I checked some of the channels you list on http://en.kingofsat.net before reaching that conclusion.

So you either need to add another dish or LNB ( and DISECQ switching), or try some channels that actually exist at 28.2E.

Eurosport: no channel of that name on 28.2, Eurosport HD and British Eurosport are but are encyped Sky channels
Vox: no channel of that name on 28.2
MTV Germany: no channel of that name on 28.2
MTV N HD
Portada: no such channel?
Taquilla: not on 28.2
Fox
National Geographic: encrypted
Belsat: not on 28.2e, only on 4.8e and 19.2e (I do receive it OK on 19.2e)
All which say no or bad signal?[/quote]

Back