Channel Numbers

Nontech

Looking at "Signal detection" within the Menu options it is stated that I have Channels :- 39/42/45/50/55/59, but what do these refer to ie which is BBC1/BBC2 etc.?

Looking at "Signal detection" within the Menu options it is stated that I have Channels :- 39/42/45/50/55/59, but what do these refer to ie which is BBC1/BBC2 etc.?
Each of those broadcast channels carries a multiplex and each multiplex provides a number of TV channels. You can see which multiplex provides which TV channel at http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/industry/Channels/channel_listings The list of which broadcast channel provides which multiplex will differ depending on the transmitter being used. You can find the details for your location from http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/index/dummy/NA/yes

Further to Martin's reply, if you bring up the service list while watching live TV (via the HDR-FOX) by pressing OK, then highlight any particular service and press "i", an info panel pops up to tell you which channel number carries that particular service.

See Glossary (click) entries "Mux" and "LCN".

Many thanks to you both, I now have the information I require. Black Hole put the last "tile" in place.
I'm interested in this because I'm getting a lot of picture break up think it's due to the weather!

Check all the seating of aerial connectors and the quality of the joints; any thin flimsy aerial cable replace with proper thick stuff; keep your HDMI leads away from your aerial leads; if the signal quality loss is on the high channel numbers suspect a 4G mast might have come into operation in your area.

I've checked all of the connections etc., but still getting picture breakup.
have checked the "Signal Detection" area of the Settings menu, & for Channel 50, ie BBC1 HD, it gives the figures of Strength 42/44% & Quality 100%, but occasional drop to 20%.
I'm served by Tacolneston transmitter, is this running on low power? How can I establish this?
Or is it the hot weather causing problems?
Or something else?

Further to Martin's reply, if you bring up the service list while watching live TV (via the HDR-FOX) by pressing OK, then highlight any particular service and press "i", an info panel pops up to tell you which channel number carries that particular service.

See Glossary (click) entries "Mux" and "LCN".

Whoa - never knew that! You live and learn...

Nontech Try this It lists all the multiplexes and what's on which one as well as giving serviceability info. The engineering works makes possibly good reading for your problem

Health warning: Don't believe everything you read on ukfree.tv - it is not an official site and some of the info. on there is speculation at best.

From "Travs" post I think that Tacolneston is on lowish power but "prpr" says beware of the information.
Any better place to look to get correct information?

Back