channel problems

bebilja

I am wondering if anyone can offer any advice to solve my problem. After a violent storm I lost my sat connection, I have replaced the LNB and recabled the system. However when I retuned the box it would only work on manual tune and it only has the independent channels no BBC or radio programmes. The other problem is that the EPG dos not work so I cannot record programmes I also noticed that when I replaced the LNB it seems impossible to fine tune it, it had a signal or no signal

Most likely an alignment issue. Open manual tune and select 10714 H. Look at the signal quality. Get someone to gently press gently at the top of the dish and hold for long enough for the tuner to respond. If the quality goes up the dish needs to go up in elevation a tiny amount otherwise push the bottom of the dish if the quality goes up the dish needs to go down a tiny amount. After you have found the best position repeat for left and right to set the azimuth (direction). Select 10728 V and check the signal quality, if it is significantly different then adjust the lnb skew to get roughly same quality on both the above transponders. Lastly select 11427 H (might say 11428 H) and check signal quality and strength (The Freesat home transponder) if you have 60% or over quality try a freesat tune again.

Firstly thank you so much for your prompt reply. I have re tuned the dish and when I am on the diagnostics section of the menu I am getting 90% strength and 90% quality but I am still having the same issues with the humax box. I am wondering if the tuner has been damaged?

Is there any sign of water in the box end of the coax? Is it air spaced coax?
Lastly select 11427 H (might say 11428 H) and check signal quality and strength (The Freesat home transponder) if you have 60% or over quality try a freesat tune again.
Have you actually done what GLT suggested (you have not explicitly said you have). If you are not receiving the Freesat Home Tp, it won't auto tune and you won't get the Freesat EPG.

Firstly thank you so much for your prompt reply. I have re tuned the dish and when I am on the diagnostics section of the menu I am getting 90% strength and 90% quality but I am still having the same issues with the humax box. I am wondering if the tuner has been damaged?

On which transponder ? Diagnostics only shows the figures for the current transponder. That's why I asked you to use the manual tune option to align on both a horizontal and vertical transponder and then check the freesat home transponder. If the tuner was faulty y ou wouldn't get anything. Without access to the Freesat home transponder you won't get past the postcode check.

Back