Channel won't change from EPG icon (webif 1.2.5-10)

MadMart

I noticed that from the default EPG page (epg/list.jim) that clicking a channel icon when the page first loads (but after it has fully loaded) doesn't change the channel.

However, clicking on a programme title, detail popup appears, and then closing that window and then clicking on a channel icon in the original EPG listing and it does change channel.

Clicking an icon on grid style page, or an icon in the programme details popup also works fine.

I tried a couple of browsers (IE/Chrome), anyone else have this problem?

Do you have Settings >> General Settings >> Disable Channel Change Confirmation >> Yes /No set to No?, if so, you should see this confirmation pop-up :-
upload_2015-11-29_19-31-28.png
However I'm guessing you have the above setting set to Yes

Hi & thanks for quite reply

Yes, I have it set to "yes"

I switched it to "no" just to try it and sure enough on the default view, the grid view and in the detail window it then prompted for confirmation and worked in all three, so it looks like it's only an issue on the default view when confirmations are disabled

I vaguely remember there being problems with combinations of grid / now - next / Disable Channel Change Yes / No when this was first introduced, but I'm having difficulty finding the posts now, I will keep looking

Confirmed it's working - great job guys :)

A really useful update that will get a lot of use!

------
FIO -

I did encounter the box hanging the first time - it changed channel ok, but then the programme summary remained on TV screen and webif, remote and front of box buttons did nothing. Power cycled and tried again and all is well. Maybe due to cached code in browser? Not a big deal but just mentioning in case anyone else encounters the problem - just close browser, reboot HDR and, for me at least, all ok now.

I also tried selecting the same channel (see link in post #6 from Ezra above, and #6 in that thread) and didn't have any problems, so happily that issue seems to have been resolved somewhere along the way.

Back