Channels being forgotten

The solution is to be able to think like multiple idiots while at the same time not being one.
Unfortunately, I have the abilty to think like multiple idiots whilst managing to be one. :D
I thought that was the purpose of beta testing. To let the idiots loose on it to break the things that you are not stupid enough to think of.
$set rant/on
You obviously don't bank with the TSB. Alpha testing for them is letting the idiots put the software live and allow even the "expert" customers to break the system by logging in. God forbid you actually want to move money about. Beta testing would be a luxury. :mad:
$set rant/off
Seriously, I thought beta testing was to allow certain users loose to break things that the programmer(s) hadn't thought of or didn't test.

to break the things that you are not stupid enough to think of.
Unfortunately our current crop of 'producers' were brought up and educated on the "it's not wrong, it's different" model. The concept of what they have done for themselves not working for someone else may not even occur to them.
And if it does there's never any money or time in the budget to do proper testing, so it goes out as it is. (As above, the likes of TSB find out just how stupid that is.)

Back