Cheap media streamer - any suggestions?

There's an open-source thingy in development called Raspberry Pi, basically an Arm11 system with HDMI output. As a hardware module I think it's expected to cost $20, and I reckon it will make a pretty good platform for a media player.

I managed to get a sumvision Cyclone 2+ after reading this forum, works a treat for .mkv...well to be honest any files thrown at it at present, its pretty basic though, but does what it supposed to, problem is the remote. I cant find any codes for the humax remote, and I dont even now if I did get the codes could I use it on the DVD section of the remote, as the others are being used. Any ideas folks.?

I don't suppose the remote cares what button you allocate, they're just labelled for convenience.

I don't suppose the remote cares what button you allocate, they're just labelled for convenience.

Thanks Black Hole

hopefully thats correct, all i need know is the sumvision codes for the hummys remote, Ive looked but not found any as yet, I was wondering if another hummy user has found anything.

The Raspberry Pi looks great and at an amazing price, I think its a bit too techie for me though :eek: - especially without a case in the first run

Anyone any experience of the Sumvision Nano 1 media center playing hummy files, says it supports media container TS. Available for around £80 - does that count as cheap? I like the look of the air keyboad / mouse.

Back