Chromebooks, John Lewis returns, and whatever ...

Why anyone would trust an app called anything.ru beats me!

I hadn't heard of TypeApp, so I gave it a go, very slick on the mobile, but then (ass about face) I did a bit of research and found this: https://www.linux-tricks.org/index.php?tag/typeapp which put me off a bit. Any comments?
That's interesting, though I had a feeling that there must be an intermediate system involved - some of the features that are offered aren't available on/from the base services. However, if you hand your email passwords to any third party app you are already trusting that they won't misuse them - the price of convenience. (But as said above, I wouldn't trust anything with .ru) Email is not secure anyway unless you go full neurotic; it worries me how often I still get new account notification emails with the username and password given in clear text (I always go in and change the password when that happens).

Incidentally, I think Blue Mail was the original name for Type App - IIRC that was the name when I first got it.

Anyone using TypeApp had any problems?
I've been using it a few years now I think. It's been fine in operation, my spam levels don't seem to have varied noticeably and I don't think I've been hacked or had my id stolen.
I probably ought to worry as it's free and there is no obvious monetization like adverts ... :cautious:

Back