Clock Change - WebIF Schedule Browser Confusion

The cricket is definitely on Channel 5, not 5+1.
If I hover over the entry it shows the start time as 19:00 and the end time as 19:55.
All the others are shown as one hour earlier than their start time on the timeline but when you hover over them they show the correct start time.

I tried scheduling Impossible on both BBC1 and BBC 1 HD and for today both display incorrectly but differently!
When it appeared that everything was off by 1 hour I could understand & live with it but having most off by 1 hour, some programmes correct and others bizarrely wrong it is difficult to comprehend what could be going wrong

Similar (but different).

Everything is actually an hour later than the time on the axis except 5 episodes which are at the correct time
4 episodes of Impossible Engineering (Yesterday, 19:00-20:00 on Tue, Wed, Fri & Mon)) - but have reduced duration​
1 episode of The Gadget Show (5 HD, 19:00-20:00, Fri) - which will be a simultaneous recording rather than following​

My other recorder (which is mainly recording the 5 "main" HD channels) has the one hour offset on everything except
Save Money; Lose Weight, ITV HD, 19:30-20:00, Tue - making all that follow only 30 minutes offset​
Countryfile, BBC HD 19:00-20:00, Sun​
F1 qualifying Channel 4 HD, 19:30-21:00 starts OK but ends early​
F1 race, Channel 4 HD, 19:00-21:00 starts OK (but should parallel Countryfile), but ends early.​

I tried scheduling Impossible on both BBC1 and BBC 1 HD and for today both display incorrectly but differently!
Yesterday the Impossible episodes were showing incorrectly length and time on Monday and the correct length but an hour early for the rest of the week
Today Impossible and Countdown have incorrect length and time for every day
RS display is correct

@af123 is there anything we can do to aid debugging?
I think this is related to the time changes that came in with the latest Jim version. prpr had a suggestion for fixing this in Jim that I need to look at again.

I think this is related to the time changes that came in with the latest Jim version. prpr had a suggestion for fixing this in Jim that I need to look at again.
While I can see he time changes leading to everything off by one hour it is less obvious why some programme displays would be affected differently from others. Anyway good that you are a taking a look.

prpr had a suggestion for fixing this in Jim that I need to look at again.
Yes, that's the easy bit. (I couldn't get my Jimsh build to work properly on the Humax though. The time/date mods. worked fine, but the WebIf just hung. Care to share the build settings/process? Is it native or cross-compiled?)
Then you need to go through all the WebIf's code and work out what is supposed to be GMT and what is supposed to be BST. That's the horrid bit, as there seems to be quite a lot to check.
You have got until Oct. 27th though ;).

Care to share the build settings/process? Is it native or cross-compiled?
Cross compiled, configured with:
Code:
CFLAGS="-g -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64" \
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-R/mod/lib" \
./configure \
        --prefix=/mod \
        --host=mipsel-linux \
        --with-mod="sqlite3 oo binary" \
        --math

Please give webif 1.4.4-10 a try. This reverts the calculation for determining the epoch time for midnight to the old algorithm, which requires a fix to jim that prpr provided. The previous version was always calculating midnight GMT/UTC.

Last edited:
The update appears to fix the visual schedule problem for me...
  • recordings are now shown at the right time throughout
  • the reduced length recordings are now the correct length.
  • parallel and concurrent recordings are now shown correctly.
I cannot see any other problems.

It also seems to fix the problem of the WebIf EPG start time moving by an hour when the day is changed.

Hi,

The latest WebIf 1.4.4-10 fix the problems for me, so you've hit the nail on the head.

Thanks for all your work, most appreciated.

The update appears to fix the visual schedule problem for me...
  • recordings are now shown at the right time throughout
  • the reduced length recordings are now the correct length.
  • parallel and concurrent recordings are now shown correctly.
I cannot see any other problems.

It also seems to fix the problem of the WebIf EPG start time moving by an hour when the day is changed.

Ditto for me.

Thanks

Please give webif 1.4.4-10 a try. This reverts the calculation for determining the epoch time for midnight to the old algorithm, which requires a fix to jim that prpr provided. The previous version was always calculating midnight GMT/UTC.
I confirm that the -10 update (rolled out to my machines by auto-update) has taken care of the problem reported in the OP.

Back