Clone Humax 500GB > 1TB: Windows only Programs

My thread 500GB to 1TB.

If 2TB requires Portal Format pre Clone Partitions...

So what....

Splitting Hairs again guys....

Clue. Forum suggestions are intended to be helpful, not condescending tone with petty comments.

Last edited:
I suspect that you mean Forum not Format in your clue.
Q. do you have a runaway auto-repeat on your full stop key? :frantic: :roflmao:

My thread 500GB to 1TB.

If 2TB requires Portal Format pre Clone Partitions...
The question I asked was "Have you actually successfully tried your method with a drive capacity greater than 2TB?".
Could you give a straight yes or no answer please rather than suggesting people are being condescending.

Q: 2TB.
A: No as answer suggested but for 1TB defo ideal.

Ideal method for 2TB+ maybe easily achieved with:
Disk Genius
Humax HDF upgrade web portal maintenance mode format

Reason:
Due to cost of 2TB+ 3.5" Sata III drive used or new, & all the non decisive info on here.
1TB used £20 approx. 2TB or 4TB are extortionate at £170+ totally not worth it, unless you buy External USB3 2TB HD, Pro: Cheaper then Int HD. Con: Not System Drive just Storage, hence loading programs maybe more time intensive.

& if at some point did need bigger then 1TB then would do following:

1. Clone Partition 1/2/3 to 2TB. If not recognised by Humax, pre-format with Portal in Maintenance then Clone Partitions.

If that wasn't usable then.

2. Portal Format if poss then USB copy from old hard to Humax prev recordings, as last resort, as probably slower then any other laptop alternative.

Last edited:
Try it with Windows Disk Manager then, hmmm where is it? It can't read Ext3.

Try it with Aomei Backup then, hmm external drives don't work with the free version.

Of many partition & backup programs tried it looks the least sophisticated, in fact I've seen more modern looking programs on an Amiga, but it works & its free....

Suggest any others that are free that can do partition clone to/from external drives fat32/ntfs/ext3... The more the merrier, working alternatives that is.

Last edited:
Back