COM7 Missing, Wenvoe

Die Twice

Since Wednesday retune I've lost BBC News HD, and all the associated channels on com 7 mux. On the Wenvoe transmitter. Tried manual search channel 55, but not getting any channels found. Any one else having problems.

Since Wednesday retune I've lost BBC News HD, and all the associated channels on com 7 mux. On the Wenvoe transmitter. Tried manual search channel 55, but not getting any channels found. Any one else having problems.

Hehe at least you get BBC NEWS HD. I'm on the Midhurst transmitter which doesn't carry it. When I set up a customised HDR Fox T2 for my parents and did a retune for their place which is covered by Rowridge and saw double the amount of HD channels I was a little miffed.

What of COM8, which includes BBC FOUR HD? Wenvoe moved COM8 to channel 56 a month before its COM7 move.

Is your aerial a group B? Some of the group Bs do pick up 55 and 56, but some of the group Bs will struggle even if the signal were as strong as the other frequencies.

With the switching to 55 and 56 the boarders of the areas that COM7 and COM8 reach has changed slightly . Have you checked a coverage checker?

What ever the cause it wont be the tunefix-update package that caused it.

Hey as an on-topic side note, are these constant changes the result of bandwidth space being reallocated for use on 5G mobile networks? They'd be a lot more annoying if there wasn't a package to automatically sort out what moved where I must say.

What ever the cause it wont be the tunefix-update package that caused it.
Indeed. So please could folks start their own threads somewhere relevant.
are these constant changes the result of bandwidth space being reallocated for use on 5G mobile networks?
Partially. Anything that says "700 MHz clearance" in the release notices above is to do with that. Anything else isn't. It's usually just pointless moving things around to get a "better" number, whatever that means to some people. There are a few additions and removals of services, but not many - e.g. Wimbledon additions next week and their removal 3 weeks afterwards.
They'd be a lot more annoying if there wasn't a package to automatically sort out what moved where
I wish I could find one...

There are a few additions and removals of services, but not many - e.g. Wimbledon additions next week and their removal 3 weeks afterwards.

Oh yeah it is tennis season proper soon isn't it. Although unless Wimbledon has closing roof features on every single court other than main and 2nd (I think? been a while since I checked) if it's anything like Queens it'll be bloody RAIN STOPPED PLAY every other day.

Was plan on playing with the Arial, as I'm get the channels on the other tv's in the house. So maybe reception was border line B4 the Re-scan?

Hi if I do a manual scan I see the option for DVB-T2 but still get no channels found on ch 55. Is there a option DVB-T2 on the automatic scan ?
Automatic scan does two scans - first UHF21-69 for DVB-T and then again for DVB-T2.

Was plan on playing with the Arial, as I'm get the channels on the other tv's in the house. So maybe reception was border line B4 the Re-scan?
Check your predicted coverage here: https://hummy.tv/forum/link-forums/digital-uk-coverage-checker.41/. Note that Mendip is also transmitting COM7&8 on UHF55&56, so they will be at much lower power than the other muxes (except "Local") to avoid co-channel interference.

If your prediction is OK, are you getting COM8 OK on UHF56? If not, (as noted above by Luke) the problem may well be that UHF55/56 is not in the reception band for your aerial. See https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/refe...nel-numbers-aerial-groups-how-to-choose.9224/

Last edited:
Back